Malphite

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wizzurd

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion65 View Post
I've been playin pretty much all malphite since draven came out. I've been winning pretty much every match i play as him, i get to vs the pro drave/darius/ad jungle, its been pretty hilarious. Overall though, Malphite is a pretty solid champ that can jungle, solo top, and support. Why not play him?
All of this exactly.

Plus, he's uncommon enough that in normals, he wrecks face.

Seriously. Frozen heart + Abyssal Scepter + Rylais. Every team fight, I ult the enemy ad carry, blow all skills, and ignite. Dead carry = fight over before it even started.

I'm currently on a 16 game win streak with that. Make it so.

Mageinta Warrior

06-14-2012

Malphite is just a really strong pick for facing AD teams. Considering the current meta usually has 3 AD, an AP and a Support, Malphite is just a strong pick for when Shen is banned. I've been playing Malphite a while now. He's strong because he can take the beating in a 1v1 and emerge victorious. Unless you're facing a counter like Yorick, you should be pretty set in the top lane. He can usually push very safely because he has so much survivability. He has a slow, an attack speed reduction, and at lvl 6 his initiation tool can also be an escape (I usually use it to set my jungler up for a kill or get one myself).

tl;dr: Malphite is strong and people are starting to see that thanks to pros.

Careful

06-14-2012

Malph is a great AP mid as well surprisingly. He just fills in any role pretty well if played correctly. (Besides AD carry ofc.)