Vlad or Fizz?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Savackz

06-13-2012

I am looking into a good AP top to counter people who stack armor at top and expect these two to go mid. Which would you guys prefer and why?

Inoka

06-13-2012

Vlad's probably a better choice but Fizz is a lot funner.

DebosBike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2012

Morde would be better, he's tanky and ap.

Vlad can top, but he's better mid, like fizz.

CrakaJacka

06-14-2012

Vlad's an overall solid top champ, and can be built so many different ways depending on the lane. He's just hard against certain characters. Just depends on the situation. He has a solid sustain, good damage, trollpool+flash pretty much gaurntees you'll be safe from early ganks, with his sustain you can pickup boots, a pot and a ward to start and won't have to go back till you're nicely fed with about ~1950 gold to get your main boots + revolver, he scales nicely off levels and with 3 lifesteal quints you can easily hold your lane for a long time, with the order max q first, get level 1 in trollpool at 2, then at level 4 get your r, and keep trying to get q nice and high, after that you can keep your r up with a low cost to keep it at 4 charges and clear waves nice and easy, pick and abuse with a q and r combo, if they dash in for a kill w out and q when they're running away, he's an overall solid champ. First trip make sure you get a potion because the CD & AP really helps if you're going sustain runes. Also, make sure you play 9/0/21 as the utility scales alot better overall with his abilities.

The ammount of ways he can be played is redic, cd boots revolver mogs early lets you tank and do a decent ammount of damage, magepen boots + revolver + mask lets you have a little hp but a high mage pen, you can do a balance of cd boots revolver and then crystal scepter, either way you can decide how to play depending on your lane and how you're doing, and even when you're losing your lane you can comeback at a higher level even without a high farm

Farmings pretty easy as well, because q and last hits are pretty solid, and at 4 you have the extra r for those last hits you miss.

Overall, vlad is by far my faveorite champ and he's amazingly useful, even after all those nerfs =p
Enjoy ^_^ , just remember, you'll never win against a fizz, him and ryze are probably the worst counters to vlad, also riven's pretty annoying but you can win the lane if you poke stay back and let her push , and if she's about to get to you simply use your w and pool away, because it only costs a tiny ammount of hp & you can heal up in lane after, and it's alot better then taking a riven combo =p

Seergun

06-14-2012

Vlad is a great top due to his sustain, manaless nature and the fact that he is ranged. Most ad tops are melee and can't get close enough to him without just getting poked to death, although he doesn't hit his stride until lvl 7 or 9, his q is on a low enough cooldown and he has his revolver. His pool also makes it extremely difficult to gank him.

Edit: wow, a much more in depth post was written while I was writing mine. :/

SoundwaveXXX

06-14-2012

CrackaJacka meant "e" instead of "r" i guess. An also was it Spellvamp Quints and not Lifesteal?

Clamatis XIX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2012

fizz. Amazing op champion, hes my main. ungodly dps, huge mobility, his one proplem is his squishiness. If you master his e though you'll be fine. i just love it when i am pushed to the tower, and they come to gank me from behind, i say LOL NOPE and q into them and immediately e towards my tower.

as far as builds/runes goes i go 21/9/0, boots3pots, 2 dorans, sheen, rabadons, lich bane, whatever else u want, etc warmogs, hourglass, abyssal
runes u get flap ap quints, scaling ap glyphs, armor, flat or scaling based on preference/enemy team comp, and mpen marks

whenever i lane against a vlad, my intestines become empty

Aloretec

06-14-2012

Why wasn't Swain a choice?

Personally Fizz though. Most bruisers top can't trade with him due to his W and he's hard to gank. Vlad's pool takes his health away and has a long cool down. Fizz you can level your E sooner to get the cool down lower.

Careful

06-14-2012

Vlad brings much more to the table with his kit. Especially end game with his ult - pool - Zhyonas. Overall he makes his team dish out more damage, he off-tanks, and sustains damage.