Riot Has the Wrong Priorities

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigTallUgly

09-19-2012

Yeah in my opinion, it would make good business sense for Riot to continue improving the Dota idea, rather than just releasing champs for 10 years and sticking with the same old map.

BigTallUgly

09-19-2012

bump

BigTallUgly

09-21-2012

bump

BigTallUgly

09-22-2012

bump

TisTheWay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2012

Riot have u played the DOTA in starcraft 2? Its amazing, take a look at there maps and hopefully you can get some ideas how to add more maps to the game, they don't have to be to different maybe on that looks like its on top of a mountain or one near or on a volcano. It would bring new life to the game and I think we could all enjoy that

TisTheWay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death will follo View Post
I dont think you are understandin what people are saying, to make another competive map is impossible cause they could never balance all the champions for it and summoners rift, the only thing
they could do is make a new skin on te old map or make a new game mode without ranked play because to many people would complain that it isnt balanced
all the champions don't need to be balanced for another map, like 3v3s and dominion some characters shine were others fall short but lucky for us riot has a tone of characters and will continue making characters to improve the game

TisTheWay

09-24-2012

Has anyone played siege of northrend? it was a custom map in warcraft 3, that would make a perfect attack/defence map for lol

BigTallUgly

09-26-2012

Keep the ideas coming guys. I really dont see why this isnt a feasible idea. The seige thing sounds incredible.

About the balancing, I would like to point out that even on the current map, some champs are rarely used (like rammus or garen) while others are extremely meta (like ezreal.) Riot still re-makes champs and touches up their abilities (like kat, or xin, or garen) every now and then. A new map really wouldnt change things that much - at most, maybe a few champs would have to be reworked.

But its really not that big a deal i think.

BigTallUgly

09-30-2012

Bump still wrong priorities with khazix

Watch Me Doge

Recruiter

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTallUgly View Post
Other games I've played like WoW, Anarchy Online, Rumble Fighter, Battlefield Heroes, hell, even Runescape, didn't experience "unexpected difficulties" that they had to investigate, especially after patches as minor as this game receives (revised champion portraits.) Yes, I'm goddamn calling out full-blown programmer incompetence when they can't even proofread their code for issues. I hold professionals who work full-time on software to a higher standard than you apparently. Which is interesting.

The developers ARE lazy. They are NOT releasing content. HoN only recently went free - that's just one factor as to why its doing a little worser than this game. And I seriously doubt that these multiple maps that you mention are actually quality products. I guess that's a different dicussion.

In any case, I'm extremely perplexed that you would argue for stagnation as opposed to progress. Tell me, do you oppose all progress in general? Do you limit yourself to the video game industry? Or just this game? A little curious about this nihilistic philosophy you seem to have bought into.
I honestly read this and just laughed. You are comparing league to mmos? You mean those games where everyone can make the exact same character and have the exact same advantages/disadvantages as everyone else? Guess whats different from that and League.. You can't have the exact same advantages/disadvantages as anyone else in the entire game (assuming draft pick and not blind). That is why you cannot make different maps and different additions to the map without causing imbalance. Cause not everyone benefits from the same set up. The map they have is built so that the majority of champs have a chance to beat any other champ they play against. Creating a new map after having every current champion designed to be played in a balanced environment would be like asking WoW or any other MMOs to allow people to make their own class.

BTW the reason Riot doesn't look at the forums much is because they are littered with bad ideas, like this one.