Riot Has the Wrong Priorities

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shesocold

09-16-2012

I agree with more gamemodes/maps the rest I don't really care much for.

Psyren136

09-17-2012

their was a red post already that riot may be releasing new map skins,etc for the game after season 2 ends. the website surrender@20 already had a post about this. right now riot is focusing on the closing of season 2. after that alot of things are gonna start changing again and we can expect more things. i like how the game is setup now but im interested to see what they will bring out in the near future.

Dodo Torpedo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2012

You do know that people STILL play the original DOTA right? It only had one map and so does DOTA2 and they are insanely popular. Why? Because its simple. Big square, large roads going up and down and one going down the middle with a valley of sorts going diagonally across the map.

You act like this is call of duty.

BigTallUgly

09-17-2012

Call of duty does not have strategy or thought. You arrive on a new map and commence shooting the other guy in the face. This game has a little more nuance.

People still play the original Dota because companies like Riot just copied that gamestyle and stopped. They havn't actually done any development of their own, which honestly is laughable, because they've grown so much as a company.

I dont know though, if Riot has troubles releasing a patch without breaking ranked solo queue, it really might be difficult for them to release whole new maps with weather effects and the such. Maybe this is a question of getting rid of the incompetent coders and hiring some people who actually know what they're doing. Don't know.

Point is, the argument that people still play Dota is exacting evidence of why Riot's failing on the grand scheme of things. No one should still be on that original mod. No one. They should all be here.

Excrempus

09-17-2012

You say get rid of incompetent coders tell me how many games do you know that every patch is 100% perfect, none. Could you do better at programming this game or getting it fixed after a patch come out and there's an unexpected bug you didn't see on the PBE, probably not so don't say they're incompetent. You say Summoner's Rift is boring because it's the same game everytime it's not there are different champs everytime you play. The enemy team and even your team can have a different thought on how to win. The pro teams when they scrim they do that to practice new strategies. You think 1 map means they're being lazy and not wanting to progress. Yes HoN has more maps but tell me what is the one that is actually competitive and played most the one most like DotA, because its well known. Sorry for wall of text just my 2 cents on this thread.

BigTallUgly

09-17-2012

Other games I've played like WoW, Anarchy Online, Rumble Fighter, Battlefield Heroes, hell, even Runescape, didn't experience "unexpected difficulties" that they had to investigate, especially after patches as minor as this game receives (revised champion portraits.) Yes, I'm goddamn calling out full-blown programmer incompetence when they can't even proofread their code for issues. I hold professionals who work full-time on software to a higher standard than you apparently. Which is interesting.

The developers ARE lazy. They are NOT releasing content. HoN only recently went free - that's just one factor as to why its doing a little worser than this game. And I seriously doubt that these multiple maps that you mention are actually quality products. I guess that's a different dicussion.

In any case, I'm extremely perplexed that you would argue for stagnation as opposed to progress. Tell me, do you oppose all progress in general? Do you limit yourself to the video game industry? Or just this game? A little curious about this nihilistic philosophy you seem to have bought into.

BigTallUgly

09-18-2012

bump

Dracard

09-18-2012

The thing many people playing this game really don't seem to know is that Summer's Rift, better know as DOTA, has been around for more than 10 years now, I believe. Summer's Rift is Riot's take on DOTA. This one map has been growing in popularity for 10 years and doesn't seem to be giving up any time soon.

Here is a link to the history of DOTA on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnQfdSEqGDA

Selcopa

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracard View Post
The thing many people playing this game really don't seem to know is that Summer's Rift, better know as DOTA, has been around for more than 10 years now, I believe. Summer's Rift is Riot's take on DOTA. This one map has been growing in popularity for 10 years and doesn't seem to be giving up any time soon.

Here is a link to the history of DOTA on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnQfdSEqGDA
That series was informative, +1

Shesocold

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excrempus View Post
...Could you do better at programming this game or getting it fixed after a patch come out and there's an unexpected bug you didn't see on the PBE, probably not so don't say they're incompetent...
Lol maybe not the programming but I could atleast write the website a bit cleaner, there's quite a few stupid errors lol