Riot Has the Wrong Priorities

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Talaurn

01-26-2013

What exactly are you bumping for? Riot have recently said that they won't be bringing out champions as often as they used to.

If you are interested in playing different game modes, why don't you design it yourself and give them your ideas im sure they would be receptive. BUT Riot have tried a domination type of game and that has flopped if we can be brutally honest. If you are not happy with this free game, you don't have to play it. Just go and play an FPS that isn't so hard to balance

Talaurn

01-26-2013

You might want to play some ranked matches of a decent standard too before you talk about new game modes, you haven't even got any good at summoner's rift

BigTallUgly

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talaurn View Post
What exactly are you bumping for? Riot have recently said that they won't be bringing out champions as often as they used to.

If you are interested in playing different game modes, why don't you design it yourself and give them your ideas im sure they would be receptive. BUT Riot have tried a domination type of game and that has flopped if we can be brutally honest. If you are not happy with this free game, you don't have to play it. Just go and play an FPS that isn't so hard to balance

Ah, bumping is for communicating this idea to Riot. You know, to get their response, to stimulate their interest.

BigTallUgly

01-27-2013

Bump

Tl

01-28-2013

bump for OP learning how to play one game mode before complaining about lack of game modes

Conrad the Black

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizoja2 View Post
I think it'd be difficult to make different maps that keep all the champions in balance. .
this

KøD The Chøsen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTallUgly View Post
Hey all;

I'll get right to it - Riot has the wrong priorities. Instead of constantly releasing new champions, Riot needs to work on new competitive game modes.

Right now, there's only one. Summoner's Rift. . With the standard lanes, mid, top, bot jungle. Which is fine. Eventually, there will come a point when this becomes boring. There will come a point when players want more, there will come games that deliver it better.

I'm asking that Riot have a little vision. Making new champs right now might be a great business model. I'm sure Pulsefire EZ will be a big hit with the kids. What the developers need to realize, a few years down the road, it will be the lack of major content upgrades that kills the game.

Dominion is unbalanced, Dominion, for some strange reason, is not ranked. When you queue for ranked games, I strongly suggest Riot start throwing people into a random game mode, only one of which is the summoner's rift, with its current rules and limitations.

By all means Riot, keep making those champs, but please, start improving the game. I think its just for the good of the long-term standing.
Disgusting. Random game mode? If one does that, then the best League of Legends player becomes the one who is the most Well Rounded, not the most skillful at a specific task.

BigTallUgly

01-30-2013

Hmmm so many gaps and holes in that post...

The most skillful player? Who is this most skillful player? Are you getting information from an Oracle that we dont have access to? And what are your criteria that you use to guage skill?

In essence, you argue against developing the game and introducing new content because it takes away from you Epeen contest?

????

Are you intoxicated or whats going on here?

BigTallUgly

01-31-2013

Bump

Tl

01-31-2013

Again, you fail to notice that you are not skilled in one game mode.

This is not COD. Games do not last 5 minutes and some people don't want to play game modes that are poorly balanced. No one else wants to waste their time playing game modes that they don't want to play. Creating Dominion cost Riot an extortionate amount of money and hardly anyone plays it. It was quite a failure, Summoner's Rift is on the world stage now, the last World Championship had a 2million prize pool. It didn't include the other maps; only the 5v5 map.

Instead of spouting off ideas just to "improve" the game, give ideas that actually have some substance to them. Capture the Flag would be a great idea but actually make a feasible idea. But i think that these games would just become another Dominion and become a gimmick so to speak.