Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot Has the Wrong Priorities

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Call Me Rod

11-24-2012

you realize people get hired for different positions at riot HQ right? they have different dev. teams, one specifically for champions, interface whatnot. They don't just focus on new champions.

BigTallUgly

11-25-2012

You mean new maps*

And yeah, hence I'm communicating to Riot via their forum that they are failing hard and need to stop.

They're all adults, I know what I'm saying can't be that original, so they probably just need a little push from the community.

Selcopa

11-26-2012

Quote:
BigTallUgly:

Dominion is unbalanced, Dominion, for some strange reason, is not ranked.

Perhaps dominion is not ranked because it is.....I dunno, unbalanced? Kind of curious and/or humorous you couldn't make that connection.

As I said before. Overall you lack a fundamental understanding of game theory. What riots intentions are. And how to promote something in a competitive manner

BigTallUgly

11-27-2012

Kind of curious that you're failing to see the massive failure of Riot as a game developer...

the things they get away with the industry these days, I swear...

Selcopa

11-27-2012

On what tangible metric is riot failing the industry, I'm not talking your ignorant wishy dream world you want. I mean look at the player base size. Profits. Development of the Moba genre, Development of e sports as a whole.

The fact is riot has innovated the entire industry especially with their production of the season 2 championships. 8.6 million people watched and they have adopted some of the best traits of mainstream sports.

Like I've said, you have shown no comprehension of any level of game theory or any sort or mass media appeal to the industry. And you want to copy other esports that have entirely different dynamics. And you can't even understand what riot is attempting(successfully) to do.

Heres a simple fact. Cod. Cs. Sc2. Wow battle arena. all have a small set of combinations of characters or traits to operate under. The only remaining area to change is maps.

League keeps the map the same, much like mainstream such as soccer, basketball, hockey, football and baseball. To keep the game dynamic(as those sports constantly gets new players, or champions) riot adds new champions to changed the way the game play. As well as tweak to rules to create new innovation.

BigTallUgly

11-28-2012

The metric of creating new content.

From the set of real numbers.

Empty set so far.

Any uh any more questions

bugcollecterPuss

11-28-2012

they sure ****ing do gmae is like beta form still

bugcollecterPuss

11-28-2012

all about cash i mean the game is just a direct rip off of a 10 year old game. anyone who also highly censors cuss words is also just about making cash

BigTallUgly

12-01-2012

Bumpity bump

Selcopa

12-01-2012

Quote:
BigTallUgly:
The metric of creating new content.

From the set of real numbers.

Empty set so far.

Any uh any more questions

Either you are trolling me for fun. Or you just an idiot. Both are equally as likely, And not necessarily mutually exclusive.

I can tell you don't take my responses seriously, primarily because you know you are wrong. And for whatever reason you want this to be like call of duty. Which makes it clear you simply have a horrible opinion about what's best for the industry, genre and league of legends itself