Riot Has the Wrong Priorities

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bludrgn5

11-18-2012

Clearly you seem to disregard facts and attempt to pass off your opinions, which are askew, as facts that need to be done without having done your own research.

WASD movement? try smite, you'll be back i promise.
The development teams in charge of reworking champions and making new champions are different, it has been stated by reds before that it is harder to rework older champions and takes more time than to release a new one.

It is harder to make another competitive game mode because champion balancing comes into question. say if you make a new gamemode like capture the flag, fast champs and champs that have distancing abilities, nidalee, hecarim, etc, become op in the new game mode, but the nerfs to their movement speeds may leave them completely unviable in SR.

Their priorities are right on par, this game is the most played game in the world, they are doing it right to keep the community this massive. You may not like that this game doesnt have as many competitive modes, but every other game in this genre only has 1 map and fewer champions.

TL;DR Get your facts straight and compare other games in the genre, you'll love how riot is handling their game.

BigTallUgly

11-19-2012

I have no idea where you get that this game is the most-played or anything, and I certainly dont understand why you'd argue against progress in any case.

Things dont stay on top for long if you become satisfied the minute you seem to do well. I don't know, maybe it's just a question of time before you learn that, not much I can do there.

The balancing thing doesnt seem to worry Riot too much, because out of a great many ap champs, only a select few are used right now in the game due to being vastly superior to all others. Nothing, really, would change if you introduced a new map, it's not like imbalance isnt already the case.

Again. Whoever's working on the new ranked gamemodes, has seriously been slacking off. Perhaps they need to look into the employee distribution on the two developmental sides of the team, because the new champ guys have already begun releasing poor rehashes of the same champ time and time again while we hear nothing from the new gamemode guys.

BigTallUgly

11-21-2012

Another champ announced. Unfortunately.

Deathbykatana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTallUgly View Post
Hey all;

I'll get right to it - Riot has the wrong priorities. Instead of constantly releasing new champions, Riot needs to work on new competitive game modes.

Right now, there's only one. Summoner's Rift. . With the standard lanes, mid, top, bot jungle. Which is fine. Eventually, there will come a point when this becomes boring. There will come a point when players want more, there will come games that deliver it better.

I'm asking that Riot have a little vision. Making new champs right now might be a great business model. I'm sure Pulsefire EZ will be a big hit with the kids. What the developers need to realize, a few years down the road, it will be the lack of major content upgrades that kills the game.

Dominion is unbalanced, Dominion, for some strange reason, is not ranked. When you queue for ranked games, I strongly suggest Riot start throwing people into a random game mode, only one of which is the summoner's rift, with its current rules and limitations.

By all means Riot, keep making those champs, but please, start improving the game. I think its just for the good of the long-term standing.

And no one is going to say anything about the beta map they have in custom

BigTallUgly

11-23-2012

Havn't heard, and you said custom? Worthless.

Ranked is the only gamemode that counts. I'll start getting excited when they release a post talking about how they understand that they've compeletely ****ed ranked gameplay by not releasing new maps and now its their new priority instead of these stupid champions.

E1fangor

11-23-2012

You're absolutely right. Ranked is the only game mode that matters. That's why there aren't more maps with the ranked option. For example:

In Summoner's Rift, Teemo is not an awful choice, but you'll find there are many better champs that can do many of the same things. In Twisted Treeline, however, Teemo is broken as hell (in a "good" way).

Riot does decent work with balance in Summoner's Rift, but how awful do you think balance would be if they had to keep 100+ champs balanced across two maps?

Not to mention, please note that you're the one doing 75%+ of your bumping so clearly people who visit the forums (the ones most likely to care about this kind of thing) really DON'T care. I, for one, think what I'm getting out of this game for free is exemplary and am a bit sad I didn't get into it much sooner.

BigTallUgly

11-23-2012

Ah, Morgan, ever heard about a little thing called voluntary response bias?

I'm going to take the liberty of assuming ignorance on your part of this fascinating phenomenon.

Wait it boils down to, good sir, is that if Riot sets up an online forum to collect opinions on its game, people who take a look, see one ranked game mode, and leave in disgust, are never going to post on the forums.

I'm a rare bird, if I say so myself. I take the time to complain and bring this to Riot's attention. Not many are going to bother to do that with a game.

Selcopa

11-24-2012

It isnt that big of a deal to have a standardized playing field, it allows for a much more advanced development of tactics. Many competitions have a single playing field, hockey, basketball, football, chess. Not every online competition has to be like Counter strike or Starcraft.

Neither system is bad, the way LoL was designed and what its intentions are, create an environment where 1 map is optimal for competitive play.

Remember Riot wants to promote esports as a whole and make them more mainstream, MOBAs are already difficult for people outside of the realm to follow as it is, adding maps with even more nuances for people to miss will not promote esports.

BigTallUgly

11-24-2012

Yeah um in sports you toss around inflated pieces of leather for points.

Here you kill countless minions and champions for some (temporary) compensation from um some mysterious source.

I don't see the translational comparison at all.

Selcopa

11-24-2012

You lack a fundamental understanding of game theory, that is why you don't see the comparison