Riot Has the Wrong Priorities

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tires

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhellion111 View Post
what this game really needs is someone who is comparable to Dendi who plays Dota 2 for Natus Vincere (Na'Vi). btw the moment Na'Vi steps into the LoL circuit, every NA team and pretty much every EU team will bow to them. but there is no way riot will ever get the game close to as balanced as possible simply because this game is built around bs metas. you are unable to random out a full team and win a game, thats just due to how this game is built.
I actually want to discuss this and would love some video evidence. Because it sounds to me like you are saying that Dota is balanced due to the fact that you can randomized teams which I don't think is true. I've only touched Dota2, still suck at it, so a lot of my ideas are more hypothetical but still.
I mean you could randomize a team in LoL and get the meta but that I don't think is the point. I mean in Dota its still prefered to have some form of carry, some basic CC, some durability and secondaries/backups. You also have to worry about there being a harder counter system (at least from what I understand) so if you get stuck with 5 mages you're kind of boned if they pick against that.
Now I'm not saying that Dota2 has a meta like LoL, because it doesn't, but that is for many different reason.

So if you can post a video of people in a tournament picking all random I'd be likely to agree with you.

BigTallUgly

10-24-2012

What concerns me is not so much the random picking, but the fact that we're picking the same roles for the same people in the team, at which point it becomes almost a blind fact of who farms better and who'd lane duo is better. Sure, there's some actual skill involved with the jungling and coordination of dragon/baron fights, but entirely too much has been sucked out of this promising game mode by the static map with static objectives.

"My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram, or the most intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere."

Arkenes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

Not sure if you realize riot staff has a lot of people, and the ones that design game modes =/= the ones that design skins =/= the ones that design champions =/= the ones that balance champions... etc.

Pøtatoes

10-24-2012

You do realise people working on maps and layout are different people from those working on champion concepts ??

One job is called Level Designer
The other is called Game Designer

BigTallUgly

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkenes View Post
Not sure if you realize riot staff has a lot of people, and the ones that design game modes =/= the ones that design skins =/= the ones that design champions =/= the ones that balance champions... etc.

So, in the past few years, how many new game modes have there been introduced by these people working on them?

And how many champs?

There's a gross imbalance here, all I would like is to draw attention to the fact and perhaps encourage some redistribution of people at the Riot team!

BigTallUgly

10-26-2012

bump

BigTallUgly

10-30-2012

spider queen bump

BigTallUgly

11-01-2012

bump

BigTallUgly

11-02-2012

Another retarded champ going out bump

Crank Shape

11-02-2012

I hope you realize the whole Riot Staff consists of groups where some work on New Champs, others work on bugs, patches, cosmetics, etc.

It's not like the whole staff is focused on releasing champions, simply because we get a new one so often. I absolutely love the fact that new champs are released as often as they are because it gives us new strategies for the game modes we play.