Should this be a thing?

Yes, it should be in the game 16 80.00%
No, I don't think so 4 20.00%
I don't really care either way 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

[SUGGESTION] Real time, team locked spectator mode

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xIGGYx

06-13-2012

I hope this is in the right section, if it isn't oh well.

Anyways, I enjoy spectating my friends, and I commonly do so when we have 6 people and not everyone can join a 5 man. I still find it nice, but I also talk to these people in Mumble and hearing about something cool or a close call that happened 3 minutes ahead of where I am watching is kind of dull, as I would like to be able to see things in real time. I understand that of course they have to have the delay to avoid cheating, but I think it would be cool to have it where players are able to either queue with a team as a spectator, or join a friend on a option that allows them to view the game in real time, however they can only see the fog of war as if they were a player on the team they are spectating.

For example (if I wasn't clear) I can queue with team blue since my friend is there, and I can watch them play in real time but I see the game as if I were a member of the blue team.

What does everyone think about this, should it be in the game?

That Other Guy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2012

That would still add a 6th player to the team who can watch the map and enemy item builds and report stuff to his/her team.

IGingerBreadMan

07-17-2012

Yes! Please make this happen!

If you're worried about someone seeing too much, then make it more simplified. Make it so one doesn't see no more than you would if you were physically standing next to the person, staring at the same monitor/screen that they are. Lock it to a single champ, I don't care lol. I just want to spec someone sometimes, and I'm only in it for the plays.

tempnameA299

07-19-2012

This wouldnt cause any cheating. Make it so that you can only see what the team you are qued up with sees. like in the spectater mode now where u can pick too see the visibility of 1 team or the other. And people in game can see what the other team is building...so i dont see why it would matter if ppl spectating could too. This really wouldnt be hard for riot to do, its just adding something in to the que options and making a couple tweaks to the spectate mode that they have now. good idea

Reconsul

07-19-2012

A problem with this is wards would allow the spectator to watch out for enemies while their comrades could focus more on fighting. Other then that i like the idea.

Silvertalon215

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

If it's made so the camera stays locked and you can switch what teammate you are watching. That settles the ward watching problem

bradles

07-20-2012

but you could still watch the mini-map, even if your screen is locked to a player.

Prodigal Hobo

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertalon215 View Post
If it's made so the camera stays locked and you can switch what teammate you are watching. That settles the ward watching problem
You watch the minimap just like the player would, unless they got distracted. Even having someone standing over your shoulder would be able to do this, so i dont think this is a valid reason to NOT allow this.

Troa

12-27-2012

Except for the fact that the vast majority of games do NOT involve someone sitting over one's shoulder. I have to go with no. Real time would be nice, but map awareness is a huge part of victory or defeat in LoL, and you'd be adding someone would could do specifically that. Now, if you want to make that spectator a 6th mandatory slot, sure. But no way in hell would people want to get stuck in that 6th slot.