Blue vs Purple -- STATISTICS!

12345 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PardusTsunami

06-13-2012

Hello all!

I am one of those people who thinks purple is really screwed on the Summoner's Rift map, and I'd love to see some high-volume statistics to support or refute my experiences. Here's my own records on blind pick normals (with maybe 5 or so draft games in the mix):

When my team is blue: 107 wins, 72 losses (60% win rate)
When my team is purple 45 wins, 67 losses (40% win rate)

I've also taken to recording whether I am offered blue or purple side, to see if there is a bias, but while I seem to get streaks of 5-7 in a row sometimes, they are remarkably even. IN 225 games, it is 111 Blue to 114 Purple.

The reason I have so many more games played as blue is that I now dodge purple most of the time when I solo queue, no doubt annoying many other LoL players in the process. But with the W/L ratios they way they are, why sully my record when I stand a much higher chance of winning if I am blue? The only time I accept purple matches anymore is when I am in a group with friends.

Please Riot, fix the map, or offer a view angle change.

JRiMi

06-13-2012

I really dont like purple side so much either but have learned to deal with it. I'm just curious to know whether you play worse on purple and could therefore be helping the team work towards a loss. I just feel these numbers would mean more if your play was consistent on each side.

PleaseJustShutUp

06-13-2012

Call me a noob, but the only time I play screen unlocked is when I want to view a fight elsewhere on the map. So generally, I cannot see when I'm trying to harass.

They need to make the map left to right, not top to below. Or they just need to make it so the camera will follow the characters from the side rather than from the front, makes no sense.

PardusTsunami

06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRiMi View Post
I really dont like purple side so much either but have learned to deal with it. I'm just curious to know whether you play worse on purple and could therefore be helping the team work towards a loss. I just feel these numbers would mean more if your play was consistent on each side.
I know that I play slightly worse on purple. I set camera to unlocked, but I hold space to lock it most of the time. I play mid Morgana more than anything, and landing my skill shot is much harder playing purple, due to the vision range difference looking down vs up. As a result, I tend to walk near the bottom river in mid lane (so I am close to even up/down vs my opponent), which leaves me more open to ganks from that side.

But the difference is not enough on just me that it's the reason we lose games. I tend to have very low kills and deaths as morg, with lots of assists, and i consistently outfarm my lane opponent in 90% of matchups. Only a few AP mids (Karthus, Vlad) or physical damage casters (Talon, Akali, Fizz, Pantheon) give me a hard time.

I could say my own play might account for 5% of the difference, but the other 15% is the rest of team.

Oshiet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2012

I have issues with bot when I'm on purple team... but I normally dominate top and mid. I dislike bot on either team. lol

FatMii

06-13-2012

Another reason why you have more losses than wins on purple side is because the purple team is supposedly worse than the blue team assuming that normal queue organizes people in the same way as in ranked. Normal elo does in fact exist.

Oshiet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatMii View Post
Another reason why you have more losses than wins on purple side is because the purple team is supposedly worse than the blue team assuming that normal queue organizes people in the same way as in ranked. Normal elo does in fact exist.
You're saying having a pretty **** even W/L ratio is bad? How does going with this logic help players improve their game? Wouldn't it be better to put "worse" people on blue to help them?

Another thing, why would I be on blue one game and purple the next? WHERE IS THE LOGIC? D:

Blaine Tog

06-13-2012

Even with 300 games, this is still anecdotal evidence. There are way, way too many variables to account for, for 300 games to be an adequate stretch over which to analyze this one variable.

PardusTsunami

06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine Tog View Post
Even with 300 games, this is still anecdotal evidence. There are way, way too many variables to account for, for 300 games to be an adequate stretch over which to analyze this one variable.
Precisely. Which is why I am asking for more numbers in the original post.

Also, @FatMii, you have it backwards. The better players are supposed to be on purple, to account for this disparity, but it's not enoughI MHO.

Technician Tim

06-13-2012

i only have issues on purple side in bot lane mid is fine

but yeah bot is screwed up

12345 ... 11