How do you feel about the Summoners Rift Camera Angle?

MORE POSITIONS!!! 6 24.00%
Would be nice to have different views 13 52.00%
I dont see a problem with it 5 20.00%
Thats a bad idea 0 0%
This would ruin the game entirely and be unfair!!! 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Changable/Adjustable Camera Angles?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HuskyKurai

06-13-2012

After playing enough Bot battles for the faster matches and higher rate of wins, I went back into regular matches to get tossed into the top team twice. Playing enough bottom team and going to top team I noticed, again, at how the bottom team has an advantage with camera angles.

The camera is leaned slightly back showing more area above the champion then below and even when your moving at an angle down or up lanes there still an easier view when going up all the time. I know you can detach the camera but that still takes a bit longer to keep the camera at the right location while your in the heat of battle or running away.

I know this seems kinda odd but what if we had an option to rotate Summoners Rifts camera angles. Even if it wasn't a full detachable 360 rotation as older RTS's have done and only select angle(s) were allowed or just inverting the placement but not the colors and buff spots or something that would be a nice way to make things a bit more fair for those who prefer being on the bottom or have a bit of an issue heading down with less view below.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this or has this been noted before as not a possibility? Anything at all please.

MoonStomp

06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyKurai View Post

Anyone else have any thoughts on this or has this been noted before as not a possibility? Anything at all please.
Yeah learn how paragraphs work. Not reading your large blob of random text...

SatanInDisguise

06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonStomp View Post
Yeah learn how paragraphs work. Not reading your large blob of random text...
Then don't and if your not gonna bother reading it why comment.

As to the topic this has been suggested many many times and every time is met with the same chorus of yeah that's a good idea and then nothing from Riot and it has never happens these posts have most likely been around since the forums began.

I did have an idea myself that is halfway to a fix but not quite there, what if you could have it so that the UI sits at top so its just a button on the UI that you can click and there would be a hot key for it so that you can do it quickly on the fly.

That way it would be possible for purple team to have the UI at top which while it would take some getting used to for players having it there would allow you the same area of sight ahead of your champion on purple as blue.

MoonStomp

06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatanInDisguise View Post
Then don't and if your not gonna bother reading it why comment.

As to the topic this has been suggested many many times and every time is met with the same chorus of yeah that's a good idea and then nothing from Riot and it has never happens these posts have most likely been around since the forums began.

I did have an idea myself that is halfway to a fix but not quite there, what if you could have it so that the UI sits at top so its just a button on the UI that you can click and there would be a hot key for it so that you can do it quickly on the fly.

That way it would be possible for purple team to have the UI at top which while it would take some getting used to for players having it there would allow you the same area of sight ahead of your champion on purple as blue.
Op: format your post like this.

HuskyKurai

06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonStomp View Post
Op: format your post like this.
are you here to make a decent comment or just to be a grammar Nazi on a forum?

gary13931

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2012

I do find this to be an issue while playing, most notably for mid and bottom lanes. While different camera angles would solve this issue, it would require making all map elements in 3d, which I assume is time consuming (especially for 3 maps). They also just did a graphics update, and if they were going to implement camera angles, I assume they would have done it along side with the graphics.

They are working on some kind of locked camera "fix/change", but it'll be quite a while since they can't collect data on it till next patch.