gold per 10 vs MR for support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M0nkeyM4n

06-13-2012

Right now i have gold per 10 for seals and wondering what is better having magic resist or gold/10. I like gold/10 cause then if bot doesnt get fed i still can have some gold income while my ad carry farms. But if i am playing sona or soraka i feel really squishy vs someone who does ap like a support nid or something like that...

TL;DR- gold per 10 or MR for seals?

xCry0x

06-13-2012

I think it really depends on how well your lane partner does, if you are laning with an aggressive player who can win trades and get early kills you can rack up a few assists which can help you out. If you are in a passive lane then gp10 is probably better for getting items but at the same time puts you at a disadvantage if your partner is passive but the opponent is aggressive.

corallein

06-13-2012

It would be armor for seals, not magic resist.

Mango027

06-13-2012

he can use MR seals, although Armor gives you more stability in lane, if you want GP10, use 3 quints they give the highest return with the least risk (because you still have the armor seals). If you mean glyphs, the MR/lvl is the norm., but I like CDR here so that you can spam your support abilities and CC like a boss.

M0nkeyM4n

06-13-2012

ya i have quints gold per 10 but i thought seals u can do mr. maybe not... ill look into it again.

Saraiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2012

well, in bot, u always b against ad, armor and gold per second,

PardusTsunami

06-13-2012

My support page is flat armor Marks, flat armor Seals, scaling MR Glyphs, and GP10 Quints. Support is usually in bot lane, so the early-game armor is very important. I'd consider swapping out 4 or 8 Seals for GP10s, but really, I don;t think it would change much. You already get 10 GP10 base, plus 3 from the quints and 2 more from masteries if you take it. I'd value the 11 armor over 2gp10 early game.

MoreMedz

06-13-2012

The short answer is: it depends on how you support.

GP runes let you buy more wards quicker.

MR runes let you tank a bit more (but not all that much more). Early game it helps with survival if you want to try to zone the enemy champions a bit.

Can't really go wrong with either when you are supporting.

RiuBread

06-14-2012

Just take both of them for a try! Couldn't hurt too much in a normal match.