I had to go bot as teemo...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThisNameDoesntFi

05-28-2012

Versus Malzahar, needless to say i got owned and lost bot and was blamed for losing the whole game (even though my team couldn't even gain control of top)

I wanted the Ashe on my team to switch with me, because i thought she could handle malz better because of her arrow and volly.

I was told by are shyvana that i had darts, and poison to throw at malz, stop complaining... yea darts and auto attacks that are in range of his ult...

At this point i asked Ashe once again to go bot, i was told by shyvana that i needed to place shrooms..... she clearly didn't see that it was to late for that, and there wasn't even a point where i could set them

Ashe said he couldn't bot because of lag, to a degree i give them that,we were all lagging badly (i assume because me and my friend were, and a member of the enemy team d/c'd)

Anyways, by the end of the game, my whole team turns on me and tells me how I'm just a raging 4 year old because i could not handle bot, shared some not so nice words with shyvana, and because wanted someone who i thought could have handled it much better then me, switch with me.

I can't say i was an angel and totally polite even though i should have been, but when a teemo at bot shouts "GG, GGGGGGG ASHE SWITCH WITH ME" you should probably start to understand that something is wrong and I'm in need of some kind of help

...Just wanted to rant about this, I think it's bull that I was blamed for a lose even though I actually tried to get my team to help me help them to turn it around... ah well..

Sauron

05-29-2012

Sorry to hear this. Its pretty much the life of a bottom laner in the 1500's, though. The overall strategies are sometimes not understood at that level, so occasionally you get games with people that think bot lane is some sort of solo 1v1 lane. When you get higher Elo you can expect a lot more support and ganks (though from the enemy as well), which makes rock-paper-scissors less of a problem down there.

Honestly it really does sounds like you got stuck with a partial premade. We all get games like this sometimes, even at high Elo, and its better to just put people like that on ignore than it is to argue -- it makes it more obvious to Tribunal users that any reports they made on you are false. Take advantage of the fact that Dominion has a smaller community than SR so you can use your ignore list to dodge those guys in the future.

Nobody outside the game is going to hold that match against you in any form. Even if the game is on featured spectate where hundreds of people could be watching, no one is going to single out a player for having a bad score or anything. It is evident to the spectators what is happening, even if they are unable to see teamchats.

Basically, its fine to get angry in a game, but don't let it get to you after its done. Its over, and if you have those people on your ignore list so that you can dodge them, then you won't ever have to play with them again. Good luck with your next game!

Panwar

05-29-2012

I've had this happen to me(on Teemo no less).

When it does, I just refuse to play their game. I can either get totally squashed trying to lane against someone whom I have no chance against. Or I can find someway of potentially being useful.

The first thing I do is take my point and then run up through the FoW. When I see that they are well and committed to pushing the lane I drop down onto their point, and try to cap. If I cap great. If not, then when they come back to stop me, I leave and then go down to try to push the lane.

Sometimes you can stale mate the lane pretty well with this tactic. Depending on the champ and the player they may just not be able to deal with it. A lot of times you will make someone come down to gank(people hate annoying things even worse than they hate effective things) and if that happens you have been useful.

You can also cap your point and rush up and take their mid. Or do a mixture of both. There is a good chance you might lose bot doing all this kooky stuff. But against a hard match up you probably would have lost bot anyways. Perhaps doing stuff that they aren't expecting will at least pull some of their resources down to deal with you. Giving top a better chance.

You might very well get raged at as well. But hey, you were already getting raged at. Also I make it plain what I'm about before I start this stuff. I will say in chat "There is no way I can out push Malzahar" or whatever. Just so my team understands why it's going down like it is.

Tempestphile

05-29-2012

Teemo is #1

junseii

05-29-2012

I hear ya man, being forced bot lane as teemo can be pretty rough. There are some matchups where I can hold pretty well, but others, mostly the top bot laners, just destroy me. Since I main AP teemo, it can be a bit worse. I also think that shrooms CAN help you defend bot, but they're usually not as effective as shrooms placed top and through the jungle. I also find it hard to find good time and position to place shrooms when I'm bot.

It sounds like your team wasn't fun to be with at all, but that happens. If I do get forced bot I usually just switch my build to whatever I need to not lose the lane, like with malz I would probably first item odins or something, and then worry about getting the cdr I need to shroom my lane in a reasonable amount of time.

Melvear

05-29-2012

One of the thing you can do when you're forced bot against someone you can't really handle is play very passive and let them come to your tower. Poke if/when you can, use your health shrine as much as possible and keep the minions from neutralizing as best you can.
Once they are near your tower, ping your position so your team knows they have a clear gank bottom. At lower elo it's not always easy to get people to go bot because they somehow see that as wasted ressources.
Even if you actually don't get a gank on your lane, you'll hold on to your tower a lot longer doing this than you would trying to farm/push mid lane, since you're not an easy target for a gank and you have your tower to help against your lane opponent.

One last thing that's very important bottom, is to counter build. You may well know this already, but a lot of people don't do it. Look at the items your opponent is building (Doubly important against Malz and other characters who can go both AP or AD) and get defenses against them. Just getting a negatron/chain vest after your first item will help a lot. Don't go overboard on defense though, you still need to get offence. I've done the mistake before while being bot as Morde and got too little AP/Vamp and too much armor and I kept getting destroyed anyway. A good mix is better than an over-abundance of either.

VoidInsanity

05-29-2012

The thing to remember about low level games is this - Ignore everyone. They want you to go bot but you don't? Go ninjacap, go top, do whatever. Someone else will take over, because they don't have a choice. They are gonna blame you for not going bot or they are going to blame you for being bot, you might aswell play the blame game that you enjoy playing because you are going to get blamed anyway.

Tharaxis Minar

05-29-2012

You kow this very thing happens or I should say happened to me all the time on Teemo. I used to love playing as AP teemo (his shrooms are amazing late game). But then anyone I got matched up with assumed that because teemo has range (although short) he should go BOT. I got owned bot because teemo is quite frankly horrible 1 v 1 against any mage (which is usually whats bot).

Eventually I got tired of having to go bot as Teemo and now the only time I pick him is if someone on my team picks yorick first because I know he will go bot.

junseii

05-29-2012

They're also the same people who think teemo is an ad carry in summoners rift. Teemos range is pretty pathetic, its so short that you can't go and poke without getting some harsh punishment back. But its like others have said already, counter building is the way to win the 1v1 lane. If you're unsure what your opponent is, or what they'll build at first, just get some basic health and dmg items, preferably ones that build into some sort of item that will help you live.

I also found when I'm forced bot as AP teemo, getting items like wits end isn't that terrible for the build due to his E passive, and the magic pen I'm speced into. But against someone like malz who can just 100 to 0 you in a supression, there's not much to do, other than buy QSS and hope it isnt on cd.

Panwar

05-29-2012

Also even though AP/cdr teemo is all the rage on Dom right now. On-hit teemo with a phage/FroMal is still a very good duelists build. Against Mal you want that QSS, but a Wit's End would have served you well also.

Shrooming bot(in pretty close to order of priority):

Both bottom bushes
Center Health Shrine
The bushes on each side of the rock above the health shrine.
The opening between the rocks leading from the FoW onto your tower
Your health shrine and the bushes next to it.
Their health shrine and the bushes next to it.

How to push as Teemo:

It's much more effective to shoot each minion once instead of focusing each one down. And remember to kill the caster mobs first. You are still not going to out push a serious pusher, but Teemo can push much faster this way.