This is NOT a thread about Dominion.

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Philanthropist

06-13-2012

I play dominion for a SR break, or when I have about 30 minutes before I need to stop playing. I set aside 1 hour for SR.

I actually like dominion, I play 1 dominion to every 5 SR games, for the most part.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreporeal View Post
You scoundrel! You've tricked me!
I know, I'm terrible, aren't I?

Cauldrath

06-13-2012

Anything that you need to know for SR that you can't learn in Dominion, you can learn in a coop vs AI game.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekÝ View Post
I use it to pub stomp relentlessly for free IP. 20 minute win is a 45 minute loss in SR. But I enjoy SR too much to do that so often.

Play Rammus or taric in dominion. Realise there is NO. BALANCE.
Quote:
Play Rammus or taric in dominion.
Quote:
Play Rammus or taric in dominion.

Quote:
Play... taric in dominion.

...........this... deserves some amount of study...

Jgame

06-13-2012

I use it for when I have 30 mins to set aside. Playing it constantly starts to ruin how fun it is, which is why I think people don't like the game.

Colonero

06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionButlerGO View Post
So, I have to ask, does using Dominion as a warm up do anything to help with your skills on SR? There has been the long-standing issue as to whether continued exposure to Dominion actually dulls a person's ability to play SR. I could believe that it would start to hamper someone's overall performance in the laning phase, but I've always suspected that Dominion could actually improve a person's ability to teamfight.
Actually I personally have noticed an improvement in fights in general. Dominion forces me to match up against many different champs frequently; the constant fights help me learn all of the nuances of the champion I'm using against all kinds of enemies. As a result I find that any champion I spend a lot of time with in Dominion I'm much more adept at using it strategically in duels or team fights on SR.

ActionButlerGO

06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonero View Post
Actually I personally have noticed an improvement in fights in general. Dominion forces me to match up against many different champs frequently; the constant fights help me learn all of the nuances of the champion I'm using against all kinds of enemies. As a result I find that any champion I spend a lot of time with in Dominion I'm much more adept at using it strategically in duels or team fights on SR.
Awesome. Thanks for the input!

FDru

06-13-2012

Quote:
I use it to pub stomp relentlessly for free IP. 20 minute win is a 45 minute loss in SR. But I enjoy SR too much to do that so often.

Play Rammus or taric in dominion. Realise there is NO. BALANCE.
Just think how hard you would stomp SR if your SR elo was as horrible as your Dominion elo.

P.S. Taric? lol. And Rammus isn't even banned in tournaments anymore.

Brettapod

06-13-2012

I play it when I don't care if I win or lose

Harate

06-13-2012

I used to play it consistently because it was quick draft queue time and it was new and fast paced. I also wanted to use it to practice new champs and learn their kits to be ready for combos in SR.

Unfortunately the casual play factor doesn't exist anymore because draft queue times are upwards of 20-30 mins with the potential to get a dodger at no penalty to them.

I still use it to get used to new champs and to blow off steam im not having a good day ranked.

Dominion has missed the window of opportunity to be taken seriously.

123456 ... 7