Constant Ping Spike Issue, Champion Control Loss

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DriftingSmoke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-12-2012

During game load, my ping goes from the normal 70-90 to 250+, this is represented in game by the loss of control of my champion.

I have a consistent 12mbps connection through Qwest, this ping spike only happens when attempting to play league of legends, it does not take place with any other PC or Console game, and does not happen during downloads. I have had Qwest technicians examine my home lines and those of my apartment building, all test green and most have been serviced or replaced within the last 2 years. In short, the problem is not with my PC, connection hardware, or ISP.

This issue has happened consistently at two different addresses in Denver, both of which had no other internet connection issues.

Please help me enjoy league of legends again. This ping spike happens CONSTANTLY. It has been going on consistently for several months, and briefly during the Hecarim patch I experienced relief from this problem.

Empressed

06-12-2012

Many other people posted similar threads complaining. Riot doesn't care. They'll just tell you it's your internet.

DriftingSmoke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2012

My ISP has proven without a shadow of a doubt that the issue is 100% with Riot's server or their connection to me, not with my connection to the QWEST network or the local QWEST server.

DriftingSmoke

06-16-2012

Bump.

Glyndn

06-16-2012

Annoying as .... I'm beginning to think Riot arn't so big on the Technical issues etc. side.

Great.

James Slaughter

06-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Castigator View Post
During game load, my ping goes from the normal 70-90 to 250 , this is represented in game by the loss of control of my champion.

I have a consistent 12mbps connection through Qwest, this ping spike only happens when attempting to play league of legends, it does not take place with any other PC or Console game, and does not happen during downloads. I have had Qwest technicians examine my home lines and those of my apartment building, all test green and most have been serviced or replaced within the last 2 years. In short, the problem is not with my PC, connection hardware, or ISP.

This issue has happened consistently at two different addresses in Denver, both of which had no other internet connection issues.

Please help me enjoy league of legends again. This ping spike happens CONSTANTLY. It has been going on consistently for several months, and briefly during the Hecarim patch I experienced relief from this problem.

HI IM FROM RIOT.
You're a player and so you are wrong. It can't be you because it works for us. Kthxbai

DriftingSmoke

06-17-2012

A Rioter is attempting to help us here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2210968 direct all questions to the thread with the Red responses.