Jax on Dominion= Broken

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ghost of Urf

06-13-2012

Hey guys, so I am a pretty avid dominion player and I encounter Jax quite a lot in my games. Whenever i see him on the other team I instantly know how the game will turn.. WE LOSE
He pretty much counters out all of the AD carries with his counter strike and has ridiculous lifesteal and spell vamp on his abilities with hextech gunblade. Late game he is impossible to kill if he isnt hard CC'd and focused outright, but that leaves the rest of his team to pick up his leftovers. Just please @Riot nerf him into the ground on his sustain, far too much for only 1 item

TheFrenchTickler

06-13-2012

Wardens mail, frozen heart, randuins, attack him out of his ult and if he isn't using it blow him up. Silence is also pretty effective and as usual kite him. If you have no slow for him you have no excuse with the above mentioned items. If he's vamping to much (Ls or SV) just use executioners calling or morello's. Cheap items that fit in any build (randuins is more for full tanks, FH for mana *****s and CDR).

Jax is not hard to deal with (dont feed him though) unless you have 5 auto attackers or team mates who don't build like they should on dominion (or you). Wardens mail, for 1350 gold, live longer, reduce dmg by ~35% (from aa a TON of jax dmg, he does much more physical now, especially early - leap strike, counterstrike and aa's, a lot of jades rune arpen because of it's availability and cheapness) ... And *drum roll* slow jax! He can't hurt you unless he is in melee range and yes he has a low CDR gap closer but that can't compare with kass's or ahri's.

And better yet instead of posting your own "Jax QQ" thread join one of the others lol - they're not very popular sometimes but a few of them and IMO Jax isn't all that and a bag of chips. Melts to tanky ap, try Amumu, Malphite and Alistar - all of which mind you do plenty of dmg, Amumu TONS of magic dmg burst with cc that auto attackers hate. When jax has full stacks of whatever, try to let them drop off before engage.

Just my 2 gold on the champ. If it's curling jax just surrender. And as a kat player (not a good one) I don't want any more god **** nerds for gun blade pls lol. They've nerfed it enough for it's cost.

Hope that helps.

TL;DR: slow that angry dude with WM, randuins (if tank) or FH. Kite him, don't build glass cannon and be surprised when tanky dps jax ruins your day. Care with fed jax, use executioners or morello's for his sustain.

Ghost of Urf

06-14-2012

Wow that was pretty informative.. You have a lot of valid points and the items you suggest are top notch. Thanks for your help and tips!