Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

CRC Error

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wappas

10-30-2009

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Kyle/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]
When trying to patch the game this afternoon my installer experienced an error and had to be closed. Upon restarting it always hit the same error. I thought maybe repairing the setup file would sovle this - no luck. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the game and now am getting this error when i attempt to install.

any help would be great.

I downloaded the file accessible form the front page. of the website.

EDIT: also running windows 7 64 bit is this helps...

ArmiesofZNight

Associate Producer

10-30-2009

I'll forward this along, see if we can get you an answer.

Wappas

10-30-2009

thanks, this may help, but i tried the ignore option and was able to get LoL installed. then when i got the the patches, i received the following error. I cannot get past this error.

Jesse Perring

Recruiter

10-30-2009

First, have you installed from the latest setup file?
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/download

Try uninstalling, deleting any remaining Riot Games folders, then reinstalling from the setup file above. If that doesn't work, make sure you have the latest Windows service pack installed; its SP3 for Windows XP, and SP2 for Vista.

If that's no good, come back here and attach your dxdiag and patcher_lib.log. The patcher_lib.log is in the League of Legends folder, and dxdiag can be obtained by typing dxdiag into Run.

You may find the following post useful:
http://leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4564

Wappas

10-31-2009

here is the lone error in patcher_lib.log

10/31/2009 01:52 [ERROR] Unable to verify source for expansion [D:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Game\DATA\Sounds\FMOD\LoL_Audio.fsb]

running on Windows 7 and it is all up to date.

Wappas

10-31-2009

UPDATE: So after posting my log I uninstalled and re-installed the game and downloder again. I downloaded the game with no errors (as seen in post 1) and the game installed without issue. I am able to play now. thanks for all your help!