MVP after a game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goddess Din

06-12-2012

/signed and +1

Also, MVP with warm and fuzzy feelings to you :P

DirtyJs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-12-2012

this should only be implemented in ranked/draft soloq -

you should be able to vote for anyone in the game, including enemy players. in my experience, you can gauge how valuable an enemy is much more accurately than how valuable a team mate is.

this is a good idea, because getting mvp should be a bonus, not something you work for and EXPECT at the end of the game. you get mvp occasionally, if you shine in your performance - if you are NICE to your team mates, if you don't trashtalk your opponents into crying, if you do stuff in the game that ultimately help you win.

you will not be award mvp every time you are deserving of the award for many reasons, and this shouldn't be a problem.
- you need to play well
- you need team mates who recognize this
- often if you're doing well, so are others on your team, they also compete for title of mvp
- you need enemies who aren't too bitter about getting their butts run into the ground and will vote

with all these conditions necessary for you to have a chance to get mvp reward, playing well shouldn't be enough to get the award. you have to play exceptionally well, a near flawless game. you don't get mvp because you play well for 1 game, you only get mvp after playing well for several games - playing well in the eyes of your peers

final thoughts: if some arsehole in game pesters me in game about voting them mvp before the game is even over, i'd inform them that i intend to feed. you play to win, not for some title - mvp is just a bonus, an incentive for everyone to play to win. i would consider voting some feeder from the enemy team mvp, if they are the primary reason for a win

if this idea is implemented properly, my biggest dissapointment would be to see my elo drop because overall the community would've improved its gameplay

TeknoWizard

06-12-2012

You see, I'm not so sure premades WOULD do the "Only vote for their own people". Just yesterday, I was playing with a 4 man premade. I got through it as support Nunu with somewhere around 30 assists. After it ended they were complementing and congratulating. Not all premades are just going to troll like that.

And even if they do, it just comes down to this. Who cares? So they're getting some extra IP. And... this harms others how?

Sam Is Whoa

06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
You see, I'm not so sure premades WOULD do the "Only vote for their own people". Just yesterday, I was playing with a 4 man premade. I got through it as support Nunu with somewhere around 30 assists. After it ended they were complementing and congratulating. Not all premades are just going to troll like that.

And even if they do, it just comes down to this. Who cares? So they're getting some extra IP. And... this harms others how?
Thank you. This^ people aren't as bad as you think. And so what if you don't get it or nobody gets a IP boost. The boost would be small around 40 IP. Your gonna whine for 40 IP cause your team didn't vote you?

This is a good idea. Every few games someone gets recognized. That is good in my book.

SatanInDisguise

06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Pikmin View Post
Problem: Riot doesn't like increasing total IP per game.
Solution: Make everyone else's IP slightly lower, so that the total IP is the same, but being MVP more than once every 5 games will result in more IP in the long run, and being MVP less than once every 5 games will result in less.

Problem: KDR will be most of what people look at, especially at lower levels.
Solution: ???

Problem: Supports will be even more discouraging to play. I.E. Support goes 2/0/27, throwing out many heals and buffs at perfect times to win teamfights over and over again. Carry goes 6/0/0 KSing whenever he can. Result: Carry gets MVP for having best KDR, while support gets left in the dirt.
Solution: ???
You would not use KDR you would use KDA which is Kills Deaths Assists which the formula if im not mistaken is Kills+Assists/Deaths (Deaths is more times spawned that actualy died so in the case of your examples it would be 1)

So for the carry it would be (6+0)/1=6 For the support it would be (2+27)/1=29 (or it may be (K+(A/2))/D) not sure) but that would account for the support playing a valuable role while the carry did all the actual killing.

SatanInDisguise

06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Is Whoa View Post
Thank you. This^ people aren't as bad as you think. And so what if you don't get it or nobody gets a IP boost. The boost would be small around 40 IP. Your gonna whine for 40 IP cause your team didn't vote you?

This is a good idea. Every few games someone gets recognized. That is good in my book.
I know most people aren't bad in general but I personally don't like systems where by people get awarded for having a couple of friends with them regardless of how well they actually did.

Yeah 40 IP is nothing but if they were going to do it I would much rather it go to the person that deserved it for playing well not the person who says hey premade group you all vote for me then next time we will all vote for you. This is why I think some form of automated system would be better where by the best player on each team gets a bonus.

Vizzlepeez

06-12-2012

Dont hav much to add to the discussion just wanna keep bumping lol its such a good idea however it would finally be implemented

amerricka

06-12-2012

Great idea! Bump.

Best Nerf Teemo

06-12-2012

Wonderful idea!
I think it should be based on Most kills and least deaths. Like a average out score
Say you have a 5-3-12 Annie.
Each kill is 1 point - a point per death and 2 assists = 1 point
So the player with the most points on that team at the end gets a bonus maybe 50 ip?

MoreMedz

06-12-2012

Like the warm and fuzzy part, not sure if it can be properly implemented given the usual demographics.

For a start, why should only the winning team gets it? I can see a game where it is 3v5, but the disadvantaged team managed to play so well that they almost won, but did not. In an ideal world, all the players should recognise and respect the performance of those players, and praise/reward as appropriate. In reality, well, I am sure we've all been there and know what usually happens.

If someone is to be rewarded, I think it should be based on performance over a period. So, instead of /report, maybe implement a /recommend option. Once there are enough recommendations, they get sent to Tribunal, who makes a decision to reward or to ignore. The reward may be a small IP bonus or a free 1 or 5 or 10-game IP boost. I think this is a bit more objective.

Also, what about rewards in the following ways:

1. If you get a certain number of reward decisions (say, 5) from the Tribunal, you get a halo or plus or some such special symbols next to your summoner's profile.

2. Riot can publish a list of players with these special symbols on their website, for some extra warm and fuzzy feelings. Also, it allows other players to add them as friends and play with them.

3. Matchmaking system is changed so that if you have achieved the status, then you are more likely to be matched with other players who has also achieved the same status.

4. Obviously, there needs to be a system where you can lose the status if you end up being naughty. This isn't hard to implement.