MVP after a game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SatanInDisguise

06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Is Whoa View Post
Why is that a problem? Sharing IP for teamates? not a problem. Also you would have to win the game and get majority 3 votes to be MVP if they voter for eachother in a 4man premade that would give 1 of them 2 votes not enough for MVP and no extra IP doled out.
I mean if you have 4 people that go through it playing really quick games. You then have them win or not because realistically in most sports with an MVP a losing team player can get it.

So 1st game player 1 votes player 2(cant vote for your self id imagine) then players 2,3,4 vote player 1 player one gets it.

2nd game players 1,3,4 vote 2, 2 votes 1

and so on with them simply sharing it out to give it to their friends and them selves so unless you are playing with incredibly moral people that do it how it should be and not so that they get it as much as possible it would be rare that even if a player carries a team 500/0/100 that they would get it.

DwarfBear

06-12-2012

Great ideas lets keep posting and keep the thread alive till we get a red. Then hopefully they can think of a way to balance it out. Loving the idea tho he got my thumbs up

MoonStomp

06-12-2012

I like it.

I'd like to see more IP for top scoring player too. Regardless of voting.

Sam Is Whoa

06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatanInDisguise View Post
I mean if you have 4 people that go through it playing really quick games. You then have them win or not because realistically in most sports with an MVP a losing team player can get it.

So 1st game player 1 votes player 2(cant vote for your self id imagine) then players 2,3,4 vote player 1 player one gets it.

2nd game players 1,3,4 vote 2, 2 votes 1

and so on with them simply sharing it out to give it to their friends and them selves so unless you are playing with incredibly moral people that do it how it should be and not so that they get it as much as possible it would be rare that even if a player carries a team 500/0/100 that they would get it.
Losing teams do not get MVP. Maybe league MVP but series MVP's for games do not go to losing teams.

Chuck Howley(Super Bowl 5 MVP) and Bobby Richardson (WS MVP 1960) If they play league of legends they can get MVP when they lose other than them if you lose no MVP.

Also I see your point but if theres 4 ppl voting and they are friends then they worked it out and its not a problem unless the solo player carried team. This situation wouldnt happen alot and I think most ppl would actuallly vote for bets player not just best scoring player who bashed their team the whole time.

Sharen82

06-12-2012

one of the best Ideas i've seen. maybe get an additional 50% IP or something.

xCry0x

06-12-2012

It would never work where 3/5 people have to vote for someone. People would leave without voting, trolls would vote for other trolls and if you cannot vote for yourself you are asking for 3/4 people to vote for 1 person. If you can vote for yourself then chances are at least 3 people will vote for themselves as the mvp.

Honestly the best way to handle it would be something similar to dominion where you get points for every aspect of the game.

If you got points for dragon kills, baron kills, enemy red/blue buff kills, tower kills, inhibitor kills, player kills/assists and then negative points for deaths, points for CS etc then they could calculate a 'value'.

For things like turrets, dragons, baron etc you would physically have to be there similar to how points are given in dominion for being on/near a tower cap/defense.

TLDR;

It is more difficult to assess a mvp then just a majority vote.

Sam Is Whoa

06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCry0x View Post
It would never work where 3/5 people have to vote for someone. People would leave without voting, trolls would vote for other trolls and if you cannot vote for yourself you are asking for 3/4 people to vote for 1 person. If you can vote for yourself then chances are at least 3 people will vote for themselves as the mvp.

Honestly the best way to handle it would be something similar to dominion where you get points for every aspect of the game.

If you got points for dragon kills, baron kills, enemy red/blue buff kills, tower kills, inhibitor kills, player kills/assists and then negative points for deaths, points for CS etc then they could calculate a 'value'.

For things like turrets, dragons, baron etc you would physically have to be there similar to how points are given in dominion for being on/near a tower cap/defense.

TLDR;

It is more difficult to assess a mvp then just a majority vote.
the problem with that is that the support could be the reason you won but not get MVP cause they didnt have the kills or turret destructions. This does work.

Your giving too much stake in trolls they arent as rampant as ppl make them seem. Everyone over reacts when they see 1 troll and say they are everywhere, Also 3 votes isnt alot to ask for. You can not vote for yourself and if there is a troll you probably didnt win the game anyway. Yes ppl would leave without voting but make it so you cant see stats til you vote. Its also a BONUS so it wont be doled out all the time and if you dont get it who cares your not garunteed it. This would cut down on crybabys and increase teamwork and leadership. I think its a good idea.

Point system would work but could be flawwed in certain situations. Everything has its downside just finding which downside affects it the most is what you have to figure out. and go with the one that is least affected

Best Fizz EU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-12-2012

Problem: Riot doesn't like increasing total IP per game.
Solution: Make everyone else's IP slightly lower, so that the total IP is the same, but being MVP more than once every 5 games will result in more IP in the long run, and being MVP less than once every 5 games will result in less.

Problem: KDR will be most of what people look at, especially at lower levels.
Solution: ???

Problem: Supports will be even more discouraging to play. I.E. Support goes 2/0/27, throwing out many heals and buffs at perfect times to win teamfights over and over again. Carry goes 6/0/0 KSing whenever he can. Result: Carry gets MVP for having best KDR, while support gets left in the dirt.
Solution: ???

xCry0x

06-12-2012

I did not say turret kills I said being in the physical proximity. In dominion if you are clicking a tower you get points for the capture, well in classic if you are next to a tower getting killed you could get points for the kill.

I do not understand how you can think 3 votes is not a lot to ask for, have you ever tried to surrender? Your team could be down 1-50 and half the time 2 people refuse to surrender but at the same time do everything they can to turtle to make the game go on and on and on.

In the MVP scenario you have 4 total votes not counting your own so you are asking for 3/4 of the players to agree on 1 person in addition to taking the time to actually vote. I do not know what games you play in but the majority of the time everyone thinks they are good and everyone thinks any failures is everyone elses fault. Heck, just last night I went 17-6 as morde with 3 triple kills while our ad carry kogmaw ran around with a tear of the godess and basic boots but ill be ****ed if he didn't act as if he was the main reason we were winning since he was a pro kog'maw with a legendary skin and 40 cs. He and his equally horrible heimerdinger buddy would never have voted anyone except themselves as mvp and there goes 2 of the 4 available votes.

Sure in a perfect world where everyone plays well and as a team the idea of voting a MVP works, but in that perfect world everyone would openly acknowledge the successes of others as is and nobody would need an MVP title since everyone would also understand that it is a team game and in a perfect world team game everyone plays their roll well and no single person does more than the others.

JuanseCap

06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatanInDisguise View Post
Only problem is you would probably have 4-5 man premades that are just playing quick games on dominion or something and then alternating which of them gets the MVP or premades saying lets vote for each other to increase our odds simply to get the IP boost.

Though it would be a good idea overall.

Could potentially do it in a more automated way however that would have its downsides for instance if you did it by KDA that would kind of reward KSing and also kind of never give it to the support.
the problem i see, is that at solo queu, everybody would autolock ad carry, as they are supposed to be the MVP,