Why ranked is ridiculous.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bradtroll

06-11-2012

Whole teem feeds, then goes afk.
I call mid." "No, I want it and I'm first pic." "K then, I'm trolling.
Constantly getting teams with 18, 20, 80,21,170
While the other team has 680, 230, 50, 34,8
What kind of matchmaking is this :S
and when i do win i get +6 elo and then losses i get -16 elo
this makes it impossible to ever raise my elo.
I honestly think riot should overlook this and put down harder punishments for afk, leavers, feeders.

JabbaClown

06-11-2012

Play with friends and make a Ranked team with skype or any other voice chatting programs.

DirtyJs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-12-2012

you're still gonna get stomped when you play with friends - except now you'll have friends raging at you, not randoms - sucks you be you

rage less, get better at the game, rage less, get better at the game, rage less - it's a vicious cycle

xCry0x

06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradtroll View Post
Constantly getting teams with 18, 20, 80,21,170
While the other team has 680, 230, 50, 34,8
What kind of matchmaking is this :S
and when i do win i get +6 elo and then losses i get -16 elo
this makes it impossible to ever raise my elo.
I honestly think riot should overlook this and put down harder punishments for afk, leavers, feeders.
Are those ELOs? I didn't even know it was possible to tank your elo that low.

If in your example you are the 170 elo player, it makes sense that if you lose you lose 16 elo vs winning 6 elo because you are playing with people who have even less elo than 170. If you start winning you start getting matched with higher elo players and you gain more as the match making tries to match you with people in your elo. The opposite is true with losing, if you lose over and over you are going to get with progressively worse players because the system assumes you are horrible/ a troll and tries to get you with other horrible players/trolls.

OriginalJack

06-12-2012

I think he means the number of ranked wins they have.

xCry0x

06-12-2012

Maybe total wins? Not really relevant either way.

Looking at your ranked stats you need to learn how to play a carry more efficiently. I see you play ranged AD heavily and die a lot. In a recent game you had 7 kills 12 deaths and 8 assists as caitlyn. As Cait you have a champion that outranges every other ranged ad in early game, has a hard escape with the net gun and your trap so you have two ways to avoid death. You should be able to out harass your range opponent with your range and zone them hard early game.

If you are playing a duo lane it is your job to at the very least NOT die. Being able to kill the other team is an added benefit of being good but if you are dying you need to focus first on living in your lane and in team fights. Focus on surviving in lane, farming creep score and getting to the 20 min mark with 0 deaths and 100-120CS. I see a lot of AD carry's try to force early game kills which in turn results in them dying and that compounds into the opponent getting a kill and a farm advantage because they can free farm while you wait to come back. AD Carry's are needed late game, I am very far from a pro and there are plenty of times where I hit the 20 min mark with no kills and no deaths but I manage to out farm my lane by 20-30CS which is equivalent to having 2 kills over my opponent. When team fights start this can mean having a complete first item vs the pieces of the item.

Once you understand how to do well in lane then you need to learn how to position to survive in team fights. You get more leeway with a champion like cait or tristana that have hard escapes a long range, so you really should not be dying often.