"I call mid." "No, I want it and I'm first pic." "K then, I'm trolling"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Abussos

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOE Odin Borson View Post
The duo bot lane does not have to be standard support ad carry, if you find yourself in a que and someone calls mid you can be the one to change how bot works or w/e adjustments need to be made. Forcing someone to do a role they don't know and will be bad at is worse then running a non standard team comp most of the time. Therefore I do not think that adding separate que times for positions is really that necessary and trolls will find a way to troll that system anyhow.
Go re-read my original post and you'll see that I'm suggesting that these game types are ADDED. That way if you want to run something other than normal support/ad carry, you still will be able to in the original game types.

Abussos

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrchideeFalco View Post
Nobody picks support because if your team fails, you can't do much to help them out and maybe turn the tides of the match. This is why it is the least wanted role.

Well... usually support can't do that much like I said, but certain champions can like Blitzcrank or Janna.
Uhhh no. Supports can make or break a team fight, just as all roles can. Plenty of people like to play support, as do I.

MaximusEvil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2012

I always suggest to people who draft/ranked, to learn 3 positions atleast, and always LEARN TO SUPPORT. I know supporting can be boring, and not fun for certain people. but I have learned to embrace it, and now I usually always end up as support. Myself I play Mid/Top/Support. Trying to learn jungle as ree sin/maokai. I dont play ad carry for one reason, I suck at it.

Big Blia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2012

Huge problem if you ask me. It would take longer to find a game. Resolve your differences with people, and if it comes down to it. Report them.

Abussos

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blia View Post
Huge problem if you ask me. It would take longer to find a game. Resolve your differences with people, and if it comes down to it. Report them.
I usually go through 10-20 minutes of people dodging for this reason anyways, so I'd be glad to take the occasional 10 minute queue. And resolving your differences with people on this game is easier said than done. Very much so, actually.

anabolicANGE

06-17-2012

im usually 90 percent of the time a solo top player. Honestly man i know how u feel i play top better than any other position and try to get it, but i respect the fact that the first picks have the right to play who they want, after all they have the higher elo's and knowing this makes me believe that they are good because of there elo's, this always isnt the case.

I have actually thought of ur idea about picking ur spot first and then starting Queue but these guy r right the Queue times would b insane and stupid no one and i mean no one likes to play support unless they are really gd or really, really like it, personally i hate playing support unless im blitz or ali, there fun champs.

learn more roles and learn to get just as gd if not better at carrying with your knew roles, then the main role u can play well at. and believe me you will enjoy playing rank more because of this.Naturally if s1 feeds most of the time you cant help that, but atleast u know you're doing well.

Judicator Anael

06-17-2012

Not many players realize 5v5 summoner's Rift is 100% patience, teamwork, and smart decisions.

If the team already has a mid in queue, don't pick a mid and call mid
If the team has two ranged AP carries... don't pick a carry
If you see Teemo run into brush... don't follow him... Cho will eat you

Play smart and your team wins

Brosama

06-17-2012

Riot, hire this man

Roayel

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
No one is going to pick the support role, except for those lovely people who main supports as I do. This would just lead to insane que times. A good idea, but not going to work as intended in practice.
It could be like WoW, when you Que as a tank (the most needed and least played role) you got a little more gold, and maybe a bonus item, if during that time they didn't have very many games because they didn't have enough tanks. You could get an extra like 30 IP for playing Support if support is needed at the time, I think that would work really well.

Drace Sylvanian

06-17-2012

Bad and stupid for a number of reasons.

1. Queue times would be so stupidly long that nobody would play anymore.
2. You are calling the meta the only way to play. This would cause the game to stagnate and cease evolving.
3. You are stupid.
4. Derp.