"I call mid." "No, I want it and I'm first pic." "K then, I'm trolling"

12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Abussos

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AspiredKill View Post
THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS! I have thought about making a thread about this. I so wish there was a like...Assigned Role Pick. Only problem is, how would Riot categorize the champs that are allowed to play the role. Some arent listed as junglers, and some people play kill lanes and unconvetional champs in a specific lane to counter. Also not every1 has a jungler or support champ. even at level 30 ive been with people who dont have any support champ and they have no clue how to jungle(so they say, but who wants to take that risk right?). So ya.
I'm suggesting this as more of a way to determine where you're going, instead of what champion or what type of champion you're playing.

NoAimBandit

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abussos View Post
When joining a normal draft game or a ranked solo/duo queue, I've found that there's one thing I always have to consider. Something that hinders my ability to enjoy playing the game: Other people who only want to play one champion or one role. When I join a game, I read the chat and always find people "calling" what roles they want to play. No matter what pick they are, if these people don't receive their favorite role, more often than not, they complain and troll. That is, they pick Evelynn with revive and promote. Or something along the lines of that.

For example, I was just joining a normal draft game with a friend. He was first pick, and I was second. He wanted to play mid as Annie. As soon as the bans started, I told him to call mid just to be safe. He did, before anyone else. When his pick came up, he locked in Annie. Later, when the third person on our team was picking, they chose Leblanc. Everyone in the lobby told the person that Annie was taking mid, and they would have to choose another champion because a) Annie was first pick and b) Annie called it anyways. The person locked in Leblanc anyways, stating that they had called mid second, and they "...definitely [weren't] going anywhere else." After this person said this, my friend got frustrated and decided to leave and log out, due to the fact that this was the FOURTH time in a row that something like this had happened. Things like this are quite common, and I'm very sure they discourage people from playing the game. They definitely discourage me.

So I'd like to make a suggestion. Adding a game type for both normal draft pick games and solo/duo queue ranked games that gives players the ability to pick which roles they would like to play. That is, when a player selects "Start game," a menu appears with check boxes that say Top lane, Jungle, Mid lane, AD Carry Bot, and Support Bot. Players who join queues will be able to pick more than one role. And, if this is possible, players who have picked more roles will have higher priority in the queues. That way, players will no longer have to suffer through 20-50 minutes games with a troll. Because not only are they destined to lose, but they also have to actually try in the game, or face being reported.

Also: I realize that not EVERYONE plays the standard team composition. This is why I suggest that these should be new games types, instead of altering the current ones.

Hopefully this can happen. Thank you.
Well even if they check the box for "Top lane" for example... They can still troll and choose a mid champ or jungler.

DebosBike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-15-2012

Play the game, win anyways, report the player and laugh at his failed attempt to troll you while he gets banned.

Thats what I do

Had someone lock in as annie once after I went mid on my champ, so I just went mid anyways. I was flat out better tho, so I got nearly all the cs in the lane and most of the kills. Carried the entire game this way while he raged about not getting CS and me stealing everything and seemingly had the worst time imaginable.

Was pretty funny considering he literally did it to himself by choosing to double mid when I was already there. He got no reaction from his trolling and just had to put up with 45 min of not being able to do anything or even have fun playing the game because he can't go anywhere but mid with his troll pick. He only managed to ruin his own fun.

I won't demand you play any champ or any role ever, but if I get priority and I choose a role, thats where I will be.

Abussos

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoAimBandit View Post
Well even if they check the box for "Top lane" for example... They can still troll and choose a mid champ or jungler.
People really only troll because they were denied the role they wanted to play, which can't happen if they pick their roll beforehand, because they will basically be guaranteed their role.

Abussos

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebosBike View Post
Play the game, win anyways, report the player and laugh at his failed attempt to troll you while he gets banned.

Thats what I do

Had someone lock in as annie once after I went mid on my champ, so I just went mid anyways. I was flat out better tho, so I got nearly all the cs in the lane and most of the kills. Carried the entire game this way while he raged about not getting CS and me stealing everything and seemingly had the worst time imaginable.

Was pretty funny considering he literally did it to himself by choosing to double mid when I was already there. He got no reaction from his trolling and just had to put up with 45 min of not being able to do anything or even have fun playing the game because he can't go anywhere but mid with his troll pick. He only managed to ruin his own fun.

I won't demand you play any champ or any role ever, but if I get priority and I choose a role, thats where I will be.
It's not always that simple though.

Abussos

06-15-2012

At this point I'm just trying to refute any arguments and keep the thread alive. Not trying to be rude to anyone pointing out the flaws in my idea.

whatever L

06-16-2012

Nice concept but won't work out since even if they picked the lane, they can still be unhappy about it and troll to **** your day. Good concept but unfortunately won't work out.

YoureNotOP

06-16-2012

ever get those people who call support as like lee sin or olaf, then never ward & steal farm from the ad carry. then late game when they fed they say i was support, but they never offered one helpful thing to the team?D: **** sucks </3

Golf Chang

06-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abussos View Post
When joining a normal draft game or a ranked solo/duo queue, I've found that there's one thing I always have to consider. Something that hinders my ability to enjoy playing the game: Other people who only want to play one champion or one role. When I join a game, I read the chat and always find people "calling" what roles they want to play. No matter what pick they are, if these people don't receive their favorite role, more often than not, they complain and troll. That is, they pick Evelynn with revive and promote. Or something along the lines of that.

For example, I was just joining a normal draft game with a friend. He was first pick, and I was second. He wanted to play mid as Annie. As soon as the bans started, I told him to call mid just to be safe. He did, before anyone else. When his pick came up, he locked in Annie. Later, when the third person on our team was picking, they chose Leblanc. Everyone in the lobby told the person that Annie was taking mid, and they would have to choose another champion because a) Annie was first pick and b) Annie called it anyways. The person locked in Leblanc anyways, stating that they had called mid second, and they "...definitely [weren't] going anywhere else." After this person said this, my friend got frustrated and decided to leave and log out, due to the fact that this was the FOURTH time in a row that something like this had happened. Things like this are quite common, and I'm very sure they discourage people from playing the game. They definitely discourage me.

So I'd like to make a suggestion. Adding a game type for both normal draft pick games and solo/duo queue ranked games that gives players the ability to pick which roles they would like to play. That is, when a player selects "Start game," a menu appears with check boxes that say Top lane, Jungle, Mid lane, AD Carry Bot, and Support Bot. Players who join queues will be able to pick more than one role. And, if this is possible, players who have picked more roles will have higher priority in the queues. That way, players will no longer have to suffer through 20-50 minutes games with a troll. Because not only are they destined to lose, but they also have to actually try in the game, or face being reported.

Also: I realize that not EVERYONE plays the standard team composition. This is why I suggest that these should be new games types, instead of altering the current ones.

Hopefully this can happen. Thank you.
I usually call a lane, but if someone is being stubborn I usually change, but seriously, who takes bot support? unless they are duo premade, which I hate the most because if they start feeding they start blaming it on us, backing each other up.

That's a great idea but no one can just keep the meta, what i it changes, I've done 3 bot or 2 mid successfully before so that's a big flaw in your idea.

SixCess

06-16-2012

I love how riot pays no attention to people sub 2k elo....

12345678 ... 9