Jungling... and Hecarim?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tunmi

06-11-2012

My primary jungle champ is Shaco.. I spent countless games practicing and getting good with him only to realize when I started playing ranked that he is banned more often then not.. anyways I've been trying to decide who I should start practicing now. I've read many threads and I'm intrested in Nocturne, Mundo and Lee Sin. In fact I've been practicing with Lee Sin and seem to do okay. My problem is that while he maybe scary early/midgame, in late game he kinda falls off.

Then it occured to me that Hecarim is ment to be a jungler but I NEVER see him anymore besides the couple weeks after his release.
Passive: ignores unit collision + bonus attack dmg based on ms (and i like mobile champs)
W is an aoe/lifesteal
E has a knock back
and R is a charge/fear
Throw ghost in there and NO one will escape/catch you or even flash to get out of turret range after a dive.

Is there anyreason why Hecarim isnt used that much? I mean he has some great skills to help him gank/chase and I would think he has decent clear time since riot catagorized him as a "jungler".

GrimCrimson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2012

Because there are other champs which can do it better, and come to think of it, I have never seen one except a couple weeks after his release like you said o.o.

DonnFirinne

06-11-2012

His kit came with a spammy AoE damage spell and an AoE sustain spell, perfect for the jungle so far, then Riot said "no way guys, cap the damage and healing on minions and monsters"

Also, think about picking up Shyvanna

Lammy the Llama

06-11-2012

A well-played hecarim will melt teams. Build him right and he's dominant throughout the game. His ult is amazing 1v1 and in team fights as well. People are just more comfortable with their old junglers is all.

Master Wingz

06-11-2012

I've been playing jungle hecarim alot recently, his clear speed his relatively fast, but his strongest point is his ganks. I gank at level 3-4 and 90% of the time get a kill. Only a couple days ago I went 22/14/16 with him.

Scorpsan

06-11-2012

try alistar jungle. its easy and when played right all lanes snowball and you win

MoonStomp

06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingz21 View Post
I've been playing jungle hecarim alot recently, his clear speed his relatively fast, but his strongest point is his ganks. I gank at level 3-4 and 90% of the time get a kill. Only a couple days ago I went 22/14/16 with him.
Had a similar hec jungle experience. Love him as a jungler

Sam Is Whoa

06-12-2012

He is a good jungler and is MURDER in team fights against melee teams. If he can get teams to focus him while he heals off them being destroyed in his W its GG. his terrify ult is very good. He however gets destroyed in a lane and is easily counter jungled. His sustain isnt that good anymore with the caps to how much he heals off minions but is viable with the right team comp.