help w/ champion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HolySpartan

10-30-2009

I just started a day or two ago, and i cant decide on a champion. I'm a pretty aggressive player so looking for a champion I can be aggressive on. Looking for a melee champion with good damage and a bit of survivability in the form of either CC or a non-channeled heal. I've been looking at tryndamere, warwick, or jax but any other suggestions would be great.
Please and thank you.

cF Dawgy

10-30-2009

Hmm... I've been using an Ability Power Sion build, and it seems to be doing me some good. He can nuke basically anything, he's melee, he has survivability, and his Cannibalism heals him with every attack when he activates it (20 sec. Ultimate. I usually blow it on minions after a big fight so I can keep pushing.). Look here and see if this fits your playstyle.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=21357

Oh, forgot to mention he has a two second stun.

Nanaz

10-30-2009

Another you could take into consideration with those kind of specs is Malphite. You can either go tanky or Melee DPS with him, as he scales well with both, and his ult is a nice AoE stun. He should match an aggressive players style well as he does quite a bit of short range damage and has a great initiator.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2009

Nasus also fits the bill really well, despite his lack of popularity. He doesn't have much in term of CC, but aggressive players can really pump up his main attack (it gains damage for each kill you make with it), he can harass people from range (and looks really cool doing it), and he also leech a LOT of HP, especially once you get Avatar of Doom or whatever it's called.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2009

i think taric fits all your requirements.
if you are aggressive, i would recommend sion.

gh0sty

11-02-2009

I usually recommend ranged characters to my friends who are new to the game . Usually I ask them to try out ashe. Ranged champions allow you to keep your distance from fights and learn from other players , the distance also helps survivability which certainly boosts new players morale .

Lemt

11-03-2009

I agree on starting with ranged. It's easier to make mistakes, and more fatal, with CC characters.

Also, Twitch is so good you can get decent results even if you don't play him well. Just use stealth a lot (specially to run away), max your damage, and you'll do fine. Plus sneaking up on a hero feels good in an evil sort of way.
Careful with towers, however. The ongoing damage your poison deals will turn towers against you, even if invisible.