Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Let's Have a General Discussion About Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ActionButlerGO

06-12-2012

Quote:
ztun:
nobody cares about dominion. It's a fast pace practice for people who buy new champions.

Translation-> I tried playing Dominion with SR tactics and got stomped. Clearly the fault lies with the game.

Anyway, as I have said (many times) in the past, as someone who doesn't have a ton of time to devote to gaming, I love Dominion for its faster games. That said, I just can't bring myself to play it anymore if Riot continues to ignore the problem with leavers/afks/trolls. Yes, technically, a 4v5 on Dominion can still be won, but it requires almost flawless execution on the part of the 4 or a complete meltdown on the part of the 5. 9 times out of 10, though, the side with 4 people will simply get pushed off the map. Add to that fact that, in actuality, the ONLY way we have of tracking our Dominion progress is through Wins/Losses, and the near-inevitable loss that comes from those 4v5 situations is that much more important.

Brightmore

06-12-2012

Personally, Dominion is my preferred game mode. It's strange I have played a ton of Dominion(though not lately an IRL friend just got into the game, and is a rift junkie so I play with him, which has gotten me to move from loathing rift to being indifferent towards it)

Dominion is the best part of rift, the fighting, and the responding, not the nap time AFK farming, where the most important skill in the game is your ability to last hit minions. I also see people who have the wrong idea. The fight at Windmill at the start of the game really isn't that important, If you can't crack their windmill harass it a bit so they all collapse, then back door their mid, then fight them off the turret, once you neutralize it, or better yet they get confused and don't send everyone win the 2v4, then dive them at the mill and secure both, and let them recap mid. There is a bunch of dominion specific moves that you have to do that aren't intuitive, so casual dominion players don't understand them, because they don't have enough games.

Also in Dominion you can play a bunch more champion since Sustain while strong isn't godlike strong.

Then their are the people that find it boring, and think rift is much better. I don't understand these people at all, but i don't understand people that like bieber or jersey shore, so perhaps it's a taste thing.

DomonuT

06-12-2012

It's extremely unbalanced ;P Super fun but the wrong combination of players and champions just ends badly.

Jiggly Johnson

06-12-2012

i like taking my sweet time beating people in summoners rift.

in dominion it just ends and you are like awwwwww.

Brightmore

06-12-2012

Quote:
DomonuT:
It's extremely unbalanced ;P Super fun but the wrong combination of players and champions just ends badly.

How is this any different from rift.

Or do you not get on bended knee and start praying the moment you see an Eve lock in, or realize your team doesn't have a jungle, or realize your team doesn't have a tank, or realize two people picked AD hyper carries.

Rift is actually much worse on team configuration punishment. Why? because it has a much more rigid structure on how a team has to be assembled, deviate from it, and your skill must be much better then your opponents to win.

Where as in Dominion you still have a punchers chance with any team comp, though you can stack to much AD, and get tanked out.

No worse at all really.

ActionButlerGO

06-12-2012

Quote:
accuracy1st:

You know... I may main Dominion, but I totally respect that as a critique. +1, sir.

xXJenkXx

06-12-2012

Quote:
DomonuT:

It's only unbalanced in so far as that more or less every champion will be able to finish their builds. This means that the typical champs who are super strong will stay super strong because it's almost guaranteed they will get to that stage in the game. It also means that champs who weren't expected to have that much farm will obviously perform differently and have potential to be super strong or even work with really weird builds that you could never do on summoners rift.

Let's not forget that this applies to both teams. If there was a ranked mode (or if people actually used draft) the wrong combination of champions wouldn't be used as an argument as often as it is.

xXJenkXx

06-12-2012

Quote:
accuracy1st:

You get to take your time beating people in SR? Every time I get the chance to do it the enemy surrenders; something I've only seen happen once in dominion.

Jiggly Johnson

06-12-2012

Quote:
ActionButlerGO:
You know... I may main Dominion, but I totally respect that as a critique. +1, sir.

thank you.

GrignardTS

06-12-2012

IMO, Dominion's imbalance comes with two facts:

1) There are more OP champions than there are bans. Jax, Urgot, Kass, Wukong, Panth, Rammus, Yorick, Lulu. At least those are my 8. Ban those and be a lot closer to balance. Solution: Give Dominion 8 bans.

2) AD items are much better early than caster. Brutilizer into Ghost Blade is very strong. Trinity adds 'tons of damage'. Grail didn't really add much, mana isn't a problem for casters in Dominion. Solution: Give more Dominion only caster items.

It's possible to balance this mode without effecting SR