Let's Have a General Discussion About Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baby Daisy

06-12-2012

lolz. I love dominion more than sr. i barely play sr... that being said i have 534 wins in dominion. I've played dominion since i was lv 1. XD i got to lv 30 just playing dominion. If riot made a ranked dominion more people would play it to be honest. There are different types of LoL players out there.

You have your Ranked players: whom only play ranked.

You have your summoners rift players: whom only play SR.

You have your Custom game players: whom only play custom games such as, ARAB, ARAM, ADAM, Draft Racing, Catch The Teemo, etc..

You have your bot players: whom only play bot games.

You have your dominion players: whom only play dominion.

You also have your twisted treeline players: whom only play twisted treeline.

and of course you have those players who dont mind playing a variety of them all. like me..

Here's my match history to prove it:

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...hhistory-1.png

Redenbacher

06-12-2012

General discussion about Dominion is general. I can't think of a more general way to have a general discussion. This thread should probably stay in General Discussion.

Right? RIGHT?!

ಠ_ಠ

Anyway, I too was sick of the 15-20 minute farm-fest of a game that was typically decided in those 10-15 minutes, but then have to stay there for another 30 minutes.

There's little snowballing in Dominion, it's not over until the last point ticks away, and it highlights the best aspect of League of Legends - Teamfights.

DaRatmastah

06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster ov Doom View Post
i like dominion except for when ppl afk for the first 3 minutes and cost you the game
Actually, this is much less of an impediment on Dominion than on SR. SR is too snowbally to allow players to come back after missing three minutes of laning. It's still very conceivable to come back from that in dom. Hell, I can remember games where we didn't even have an AFK, we just straight up lost for the first five minutes of the game, and we still came back to win.

As far as balance on dominion goes, I think ranked could work just fine if dominion got an extra level of bans. Even if not, there's still a lot of counterplay that can go on even with the "OP" champs.

DJTK

06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
4 pages and this thread hasn't been moved to the dominion forum/ghetto yet? Color me surprised. I guess the forum mods must be asleep.

Bumping this thread in an attempt to remind Riot that they did in fact make dominion, despite their total neglect of the game mode since about a week after its release.
This thread can't be moved. Why? Because the subject title explicitly states "General Discussion". This General Discussion just so happens to be about Dominion. So if the forum mods were to move it, they would be going against what General Discussion is about.

IMO, the General Discussion board should be out right removed. There are boards for nearly every aspect of the game and almost every thread in GD can be moved to one of those boards. The fact that theres a severe lack of that type of moderation is astounding. The fact that most Dominion threads get moved to Dominion and most threads of every other type do not get moved to their respect board is just as astounding.

That aside, I played Garen last night because I don't have access to Darius and wow, Garen is really fun. My question is, why does Garen have no mana but Darius does?

DJTK

06-12-2012

Bumpage.

ztun

06-12-2012

nobody cares about dominion. It's a fast pace practice for people who buy new champions.

Redenbacher

06-12-2012

General Discussion should be reserved for, "@Morello: WHY U NO RELEASE PFE!?" type threads that really don't belong anywhere else.

Every time an SR thread is posted to GD, I die a little inside. Whenever a champion feedback thread is posted to GD, I punch a kitten. Whenever a Dominion thread is moved and all those other threads are left, a whale is captured and killed.

Save the whales, Riot.

In other news, I've been playing Ziggs almost exclusively with good results... but one misstep and you explode. Literally.

@ztun: Go check the DominateDominion chatroom sometime. If no one cared about Dominion, that room would be empty. You'll find that it's not.

Sloth General

06-12-2012

People need to stop doing flash ignite/exhaust or ghost and whatever. Kills aren't that important in dominion as they are in normals.
Makes me Q.Q when people chase an enemy only to die and have us lose a point..
Really fun game mode is played properly

ztun

06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
General Discussion should be reserved for, "@Morello: WHY U NO RELEASE PFE!?" type threads that really don't belong anywhere else.

Every time an SR thread is posted to GD, I die a little inside. Whenever a champion feedback thread is posted to GD, I punch a kitten. Whenever a Dominion thread is moved and all those other threads are left, a whale is captured and killed.

Save the whales, Riot.

In other news, I've been playing Ziggs almost exclusively with good results... but one misstep and you explode. Literally.

@ztun: Go check the DominateDominion chatroom sometime. If no one cared about Dominion, that room would be empty. You'll find that it's not.

No.

Zerglinator

06-12-2012

Dominion is pretty cool. I don't do it much, but I still like it.

I personally like the idea of a Best of 3 (or more depending on new maps) setup where you have to prove your worth at League of Legends, not just in Summoner's Rift.