Draven - Creative Design Ask Me Anything

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

K D Bonez

06-11-2012

Ah, I guess that laze about chauvinistic "reporter" didn't have a secret identity. My apologize He of the Skribbling. More questions

1. If Draven could juggle as many axes as he wanted, how many could he juggle?

2. (Repost) How would Draven act if he was facing himself in a Match (a Draven on both teams)?

3. Was Draven ever a street performer in his youth?

4. Does Draven have a TV show for his executions? You'd think that'd be prime time stuff.

5. Does Draven have any pets? You'd think he'd get a run for his money against a Retriever.

The Vikachu

06-11-2012

Which champion in the League do you think that Draven admires the most (with the exception of Darius and, of course, Draven himself)? I feel like he'd appreciate Varus because he'd assume that, much like our wrestlers, the flashy Varus simply made up his backstory and costume to rile up the crowd. On that note, which champion would Draven despise the most? Or is he just too wrapped up in himself to really think about these things?

Also, I have to repeat the sentiment that it's really cool you're doing something like this, Skribbles. I know it's been done before to an extent, but it really lets us see more about these characters and the lore.

Skribbles

Associate Writer

06-11-2012
5 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busty Nuts View Post
In all of his years as an executioner, making the affair into sport, has anyone ever escaped from him? Just one person?
Nope, never. That's part of how he's gained all the fame. It's the same as with undefeated boxers...the fighters, not the shorts.

Cookiehime

06-11-2012

Hello!

I'd like to know how Draven's 'flair for the dramatic went severely underappreciated' when he joined the Noxian military. Was he punished because of his search for greatness (possibly explaining why he seems so scarred)?

And, could the Soul Reaver skin be an homage to Raziel from Soul Reaver? Were you inspired by that series in the creation of Draven?

I hope we get more info about Draven's story as well as that of many other champs soon. My curiosity is starting to kill me! We want to know their past, their motives and their involvement in several events happening in Runeterra.

We truly appreciate the lore you write. Even though they seem a bit vague right now, we hope that many champs' stories (old and new) will be more concise and detailed in the (near?) future.

Greyfauxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2012

Great job! Is there any way you can tell us the VA for him? It sounds like Steven Blum (Spike Spiegal, Tom from Toonami)
The voice actor definitely hit the spot.

Does Draven have any enemies or people he dislikes in Leagues? And does he have any comrades or people he acknowledges?

Dr Toenail

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2012

SKRIBBLES I DID MY VARUS COSPLAY BUT YOU NEVER POSTED A PIC OF HIS TATTOO SO I COULDN'T GET IT DRAWN ON >: (
/end derail

I also <3 you forever for doing these. Lore is an important factor to me in any game, I can't wait for your new medium now that JoJ ended.

Okay here are my questions:

1) What does Draven think of Riven?
2) Did Draven ever meet Sivir during his time in the military? I feel like they would get along well.
3) Why did Draven pick his particular outfit (That we see him in) for the League? Is Soul Reaver another outfit in his wardrobe?
4) Does Draven actually consider himself aligned with Noxus or care about it whatsoever? (Excluding his ties with Darius) Would he gladly live elsewhere if there was more attention to be given to him?
5) Does Darius dislike Draven's choice of facial hair?
6) Can Draven sing? How about play instruments? He seems like someone who would start his own band. Or join another well renowned one as a much needed drummer......
7) How did Draven make/get good with his... axe-scythe-sword things?

Thanks Skribbles

Longsworder

06-11-2012

What do Vayne and Caitlyn think of him, and him of them? All three of them deal with criminals, after all.

For that matter, what does he think of the criminals of the League, like Twisted Fate and Graves? Does he dislike them because of their profession or does he just not care?

Finally, how does he see Jax? The Grandmaster at Arms is one of the most successful League champions to date with his unmatched streak. I imagine Draven would look at that with envy at the least.

Greyfauxx

06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longsworder View Post
What do Vayne and Caitlyn think of him, and him of them? All three of them deal with criminals, after all.

For that matter, what does he think of the criminals of the League, like Twisted Fate and Graves? Does he dislike them because of their profession or does he just not care?

Finally, how does he see Jax? The Grandmaster at Arms is one of the most successful League champions to date with his unmatched streak. I imagine Draven would look at that with envy at the least.
Yeah Jax is reportedly undefeated. Would Draven like to knock him down a peg?

Terjulmar

06-11-2012

How does Draven feel about the prospect of facing his brother on the fields of justice? How hard (or easy) would it be, mentally and emotionally, for him to "kill" Darius in battle in the league?

Edit: What about vice versa? What would Darius' feelings be on "Killing" his kid brother?

PenguinPaladin

06-11-2012

How does Draven feel about Fiora? She seems like the Demacian champion that most compliments him.

1234567 ... 9