Lulu as a Support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SisuSlayer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2012

What are Peoples opinions on Lulu as a support? I enjoy playing Support and I want to add her to my "support arsenal" as it were. Thanks!

SatanInDisguise

06-11-2012

Well she was designed as a support and some of her kit is good for supporting slows/haste shield sight and her ult is great for support but at least personally I don't like her as a support she just doesn't have a lot of the perks of other supports such as heals mana regen lots of CC

Leonixxiii

06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatanInDisguise View Post
she just doesn't have a lot of the perks of other supports such as heals mana regen lots of CC
She doesn't have CC?

I like her myself, but yes, like Janna you need a team that knows how to survive without heal spam... Being able to shut down anyone for 2.5secs, sometimes twice in 1 teamfight if you have enough CDR is very handy... Add in a AoE slow, Knockup, and shield with AS perk, and you got some good stuff, but people do need to be aware she is not derp heals.

Blaine Tog

06-11-2012

I love her!

First of all, she's flippin' adorable. When she uses Whimsy on herself for a speed boost, she hops onto her staff and rides it like it's a motorscycle or witch's broom.

Second of all, she can turn people into squirrels. Even very big semi-people like Malphite or Cho'Gath.

More saliently, she has an extremely versatile kit. She has serious harass, a nasty slow, point-and-click hard CC, a 35% ally speed boost that also gives some AP, a good shield that gives its target extra damage and easier last-hitting, an enemy nuke that grants vision and lets you get in follow-up harass from across the lane, and for the last note, a huge single-target heal that not only can't be reduced by Ignite and can't overheal but also comes with a free AoE knockup and a huge mobile slow field.

She has a bunch of fun tricks she can pull, like using Whimsy on herself to get around the map really quickly or tagging an enemy with Help, Pix! and then using Glitterlance on them while they think they're safe under their turret.

The way I play Lulu in lane is going for light harass early and heavy harass as soon as I hit level 3, generally letting my carry focus on farming. I'll do my best to anticipate poke and block it with Help, Pix!, mess up enemy attacks with Whimsy, and Glitterlance them when our jungler comes in to gank to keep them from escaping. Tagging an enemy with Help, Pix! can also make bushjuking impossible, incidentally. Lulu becomes extremely dangerous with just a Philosopher Stone and 1st-tier boots (then quickly into Boots of Mobility), so once I get those I get even more aggressive.

Lulu's actually better in teamfights, though (as opposed to other supports who tend to fall off somewhat). She's extremely active and rewards good decision-making, since she has so many options. Whimsy is almost always better for it's polymorph in a fight (hitting the enemy Brand with it in the middle of his combo will cripple his damage output, for example), but sometimes you want to give your Karthus that extra AP while he's casting Requiem or your Udyr that extra 35% movement speed to catch the fleeing Riven. Help, Pix! is mostly good as a shield in fights, but if you have it up at the end of the fight it can prevent someone from escaping into the jungle. Lulu's ult is also harder to use than you might think: you can either use it to save a carry who's getting focused or on the tank who's initiating (a knockup + slow field + negation of the fight's initial damage can have a HUGE impact on the fight's outcome).

tl;dr: Lulu is cute, versatile, helpful, and has a reasonably-high skillcap for a support, which makes her fun for me.

Schizo529

06-11-2012

I find lulu to be one of my favorite supports because she can also be offensive and poke as a support. She has a shield, a slow, a heal with a knock-up and a silence that also works on auto-attackers. I would highly recommend her. Not the best but certainly close.

SatanInDisguise

06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonixxiii View Post
She doesn't have CC?

I like her myself, but yes, like Janna you need a team that knows how to survive without heal spam... Being able to shut down anyone for 2.5secs, sometimes twice in 1 teamfight if you have enough CDR is very handy... Add in a AoE slow, Knockup, and shield with AS perk, and you got some good stuff, but people do need to be aware she is not derp heals.
I know that she does have CC I just find it a bit meh overall and just dont really like her as a support.

Mainly however this may be as I play Vayne and I just like having an aggressive early game using Taric stuns or the mana from Soraka

Leonixxiii

06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatanInDisguise View Post
I know that she does have CC I just find it a bit meh overall and just dont really like her as a support.

Mainly however this may be as I play Vayne and I just like having an aggressive early game using Taric stuns or the mana from Soraka
Ah, well thats another story... Thats an issue of AD matching the Support, not so much Lulu's ability to support... Also Lulu can be very aggressive with her passive alone... Wanna go in a Vayne? Sure, heres a shield, AA buff, and 35% speed boost, oh, and let me slow them for ya.

But again, matching AD/S is a whole other meta.

SisuSlayer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-12-2012

Hey, Thanks everybody for your responses. it's nice to see good opinions from both sides of the Aisle. I'll see you all as Lulu on the Fields of justice!

Dragoon1376

06-12-2012

Lulu is probably my favorite support. Her playstyle is more aggressive and with two effects on two different spells, she has a lot of flexibility. If your team has a good initiate on team fights, her ultimate is fantastic for mass disruption. Definitely worth getting in my opinion.