AD Malzahar - STOP THE HATE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FraggingBard

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
I like the idea of more Offense but too many wasted points. Just 9 offense means 4 pts in Attack Speed which is totally worthless.
Not necessarily, remember that even if you're focusing on AD you still have some decent spells. Malzahar's W deals %HP damage, 9 points in Offense would get you 4% CDR and 10% Magic Penetration, which means if they're stacking MR your W will still do a chunk of damage.

My favourite way of playing AD Malz is starting with magic items (That E...) then progressing to AD later on, but definitely getting at least 9 points in offense. When I hit them, I try make it so I can E W R and then my minion comes out. That ult holds them in place to let W/the minions do their work which gets me a decent amount of magic damage and a huge amount of minion damage respectively. It also sets you up later on when you decide that since they're building too much armour, it's time to grab an Archangels to go with that Manamune and Hybrid it up.

Because you can and it's funny. He's actually the best champion in the game (in my opinion) in terms of being able to switch between AD and AP on the fly based on the team composition. AD is still fun though, Frozen Heart, defensive boots, everything else is pretty normal. Even if you don't grab the Archangels, your spells are fantastic without AP so having the 10%MPen won't be wasted.

Messiah Wardark

Recruiter

10-11-2012

i just did a game vs sion bot killed him an cho and zil and nocturn also.. lol... and i think zilean got beaten up by my disposable crabs the most..

Mieczyslaw

10-11-2012

I thought it was a total troll build, then my buddy who's real big on malz tried it and got a triple on the enemy bot like 9 minutes in, he was like LOLOLOLZOMFGGGADMALZ

Mogs01gt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

AD malz is like AD Ryze. Armor cancels out most of the damage.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

I like to run a Youmou's Ghostblade on him, mostly because Brutaliser is good on him and I may as well upgrade it sometime.

The speed boost combined with Frozen Heart can give some surprisingly effective chase utility for the Voidlings to catch enemies, though.

Galgus

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogs01gt View Post
1. He can build Last Whisper fairly easily if they stack armor.

2. I don't think you realize how high AD Malzahar's damage is: he rips anything to shreds if they don't kill him or flee quickly.

Nyx87

10-12-2012

Please stop posting in a necro'd thread

SuperQuackDuck

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogs01gt View Post
AD malz is like AD panth. Armor cancels out most of the damage. /trolol

Shukarhazh

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
If you can't win as Facerollzahar I don't know what to tell you. Literally the only conscious action you need to make is putting malefic visions on the enemy bot, otherwise you just spam every button whenever they're up, doesn't matter if they actually hit anything, and then you win.

If you aren't winning, and it's not because you're getting 3 man ganked every 2 minutes, then your teammates were right, you are a noob and you should stick to Ryze.
Explain yourself. I tried this and managed to be the reason my team lost, ending up miserably underleveled and raped at every opportunity while I did barely any damage. And the range on Malefic Visions is terrible enough that managing to land it gets me eaten alive...

Warrrrax

10-15-2012

This thread isnt THAT much of a necro and is still relevant.

Secondly, AD Malz does about 50/50 magical/physical damage. (Play AD Malz, check physical/magical damage dealt in grid-view at end of game) He starts out doing mostly magical with his DOT and Q nuke. (his W sucks early and deals practically nothing), with physical only from the occasional autoattack and rare voidling attack.

As he progresses, his physical increases and magical diminishes but this doesn't happen until really late in the game. At level 12ish, he still does high DOT damage and Q nuke plus his big ult, and is just getting a Manamune.
Until Malz gets enough points in his spells to lower his CD on them, AND gets an ionic boots/Glacial Shroud to get close to 40% CDR so he can spam more, he is unlikely to do that much damage even with voidlings.
Endgame his magical damage will be pretty weak and most of his damage will come from multiple voidlings. But most of the game is already passed and his mixed damage should have allowed him to do well, get lots of items, etc. Note that his Area Effect Percentage based damage does improve as lategame arrives and stays relevant once hes got the mana and CDR to use it.

If the game is still going on lategame, as said...he can get a Last Whisper. Synergizes fine with him and significantly improves damage vs really heavily armored foes.

------------

AD Malz is similar to a Yorick...less tanky at first and no sustain with less usable minions, but more range and better killing potential once he gets his Ult.
He is not an autowin though, nor does he win every matchup. Don't listen to whiners that QQ about facerolling with X champion and 'do you enjoy your free wins'.