[help request] Mordekaiser's ult

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

larkhill

08-24-2010

so after digging my own grave ang getting into elo hell (900's being my lowest), ive managed to climb back up to 1240 but ive noticed i dont really know how much dmg my ult does.

how/at what percent do u guys like to use ur ult?

for reference, my build:

dorans shield
mallet
sorc boots
randuins
GA/FoN
sunfire/abyssal/haunting guise
sunfire/abyssal

3rd item depends on enemy team.
4th and 5th items depend on how much longer the game lasts and how much MR we're up against. obviously shorter games get a haunting guise. if i need the MP, abyssal. if not, sunfires.

9/0/21
mpen marks
hp regen seals
cdr glyphs
move speed quints

PardonMySwag

08-24-2010

25% if i have ignite up, 10-15% if I don't.

Stewey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2010

My ult use on Morde depends a lot on what is going down at the time. I have used it for a little bit of healing when I am the one who "initiates" the fights (of the first one on our team jumped when they do rather). Largely just to keep me up as long as possible and let hard carries do their work. I have also used it on someone immediately before they were dieing from FF, just to get the buff from the ghost.

In a 1 v 1 situation I usually decide based on how much damage my other spells are doing. If they have enough MResist that I can't hurt them with W's shield of E than I don't expect to get the KB until they are extremely low.

brainlizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2010

It's situational, but the most valuable use is when your team focuses a single target. The pet it creates is the point, not the damage/healing. Those effects are secondary.

If your team can't focus-fire, Morde is a lot weaker.

Orion509

08-25-2010

having played morde a lot. i ended up realizing his ult had more then one purpose.
its not just for a kill or the ghost its also for a regen and harassment.

if your low on hp and have to go back, use it before you do. itll be p 5 seconds or so after you get back with a decent amount of cdr.

if the enemy is at 50% hp and you think they will go back if you ult them. use it. farm up some xp while they are gone. (this works during the laning phase only)
getting a kill is nice but getting a free lane is a good option if you can safely do it.

and of course if you are wearing them down and can ult or ult + ignite for a kill do it.
but saving the ult for a lengthy amount of time is not a good way to use it.

morde uses hp for skills if you running low at around 50% then you can simply use it to stay in the lane longer then your opponents and thus push like a mofo all game.
kill 20 minions more and you practically got the gold from that kill.

but in late game it is important to keep it handy.
it has a great way of making your team focus that enemy down.
and also baiting the enemy into attacking you and thinking you'll go down quick when you can usually last through the assault with your ult. as long as your team backs you up.

and of course if they got mr.. really any mr, then dont ult them.
ult the guy with base mr.

dont just use it just when you will get a pet use it more often and abuse the cdr. sustain pushes longer, make enemy's go back lowering their xp and shutting them down even if you cant quite kill them yet.
then late game.. it is true you need a pet so horde it a bit more.. wait for a team fight to erupt with equal members.

BW Sneaky QC

08-25-2010

i can usualy burst most ppl from full hp early-midgame with flash mace of spade a little bit of CD ignite ult and siphon and maybe a second siphon for good measures,you should try flash ignite as your spells,realy working out for me.