Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Graphics Card Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ScootsyBootz

06-10-2012

I wanted to upgrade my graphics card so I can play LoL and other games(d3,sc2) at better quality. I HAVE NO IDEA whats makes a graphics card "good" I have a Dell Inspiron 530(NOT the slim) apparently I have a PCI express x16 slot avail. My power supply is 300w and I probably would need a larger one i know. Other specs for my computer are:
- windows 7 (not sure if that matters)
- intel pent. dual cpu e2160 @ 1.8 Ghz
- 2 GB RAM
I really dont know what other information might be needed or even if this information is. I just want to run LoL on high quality without lag and the other games I mentioned on a mediumish quality. Between the PSU(if needed) and card id like to spend around $75-125
Please help =(

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Diomedea

06-10-2012

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107.html

Check out the full reviews of any card you find interesting for benchmarks and stuff. Probably any card there can run LoL without breaking a sweat. About D3 and SC2, it largely depends on resolution, but I think a 100$~ card could push decent framerates at medium settings.

If I had to recommend you a card, I'd say the radeon 7750. You won't need a new PSU with that one, assuming your PSU is good quality and can actually push the 300w it's rated at.