Any way to reorder abilities?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Laurentide

06-10-2012

I never said I couldn't spam a key with my ring finger. My point is that, given the choice, it makes more sense to put the most-used function under your index finger. You could do okay using one of your other fingers instead, but it seems less than optimal.

I like this notion of only placing three fingers on the ability keys, though. I admit the placement of the ult key makes more sense this way, but then why isn't the most used skill on E? And why are we using the top row for this stuff, anyway? I moved all the abilities down to the home row because QWER gave me cramps.

EDIT: Are there a lot of ults that would be used immediately before or after Q? If a lot of champs need to use both their ult and their spammable ability in a short span of time, and we're not supposed to be keeping our fingers on R, then you wouldn't want to put the spammy ability on E because it makes the combo take longer. You would want to put it on either Q or W, and at that point you may as well just flip a coin.

I'm beginning to think the problem is really a lack of an adequate UI tutorial.

TwistWrist

06-10-2012

Why would it make more sense for your E to be your spam ability key? If you have a finger that can do the job, then there isn't really a problem is it? I mean, your index finger is already in charge of two keys isn't it?

Though I don't really think they consider which key is the spam key. Sure, a large number fall on Q but some champs use other keys way more.

Why is it QWER? Because item keys are 123456 and they are a huge deal on a lot of champs. Hitting the hotkey for Reverie, Zhonya's, or even Red Elixirs on command is a big deal in a lot of situations.

Plus the keys A, S, Z, C, V, and a few others have their uses.

Laurentide

06-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistWrist View Post
Though I don't really think they consider which key is the spam key. Sure, a large number fall on Q but some champs use other keys way more.
Fair enough. It's less of a concern if you're only using three fingers and none of them are your pinky.

Quote:
Why is it QWER? Because item keys are 123456 and they are a huge deal on a lot of champs. Hitting the hotkey for Reverie, Zhonya's, or even Red Elixirs on command is a big deal in a lot of situations.

Plus the keys A, S, Z, C, V, and a few others have their uses.
I use ASDF for my abilities, with items set to QWE123. Lesser-used functions mostly went to the bottom row. This allows me to rest my fingers on the home row and still be able to reach enough item slots and all the other important functions. I would have a hard time playing this game if I were forced to use the defaults.

Somewhat back on topic, I think the client in general should be more customizable. I wouldn't complain if they let you reorder the abilities (either globally or per-champion) and it would be really nice to be able to save one or more of your own item builds for each champion you own.

TwistWrist

06-10-2012

They actually have setup the game to allow other programs can easily change the custom items.

I use Yaric.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/317815/Yaric/Yaric.html

Laurentide

06-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistWrist View Post
They actually have setup the game to allow other programs can easily change the custom items.

I use Yaric.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/317815/Yaric/Yaric.html
I was hoping for actual in-game support, with the ability to create and choose from multiple builds for a single champion depending on how you're playing them that round. This is a really good solution until then, though, so thanks for sharing!

Chinoman10

07-20-2012

The ACE Client has Yaric built in it, so you don't need to use external tools to the client
It just makes things easier, and as you can guess, it isn't just Yaric
Just YouTube "ACE Client" and see the first video that comes up ^^

Later,
Chinoman10.