Ward Pouch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

McDerp

06-10-2012

Hey people! I had a game re-balance idea, might not be good though, make sure you say why.

How about adding a 7th item slot just for wards/consumables. Obviously ward and consumable prices would be altered accordingly. (waaay up)

Thoughts? What are potential imbalances that can't be balanced out by other changes?

I'm trying to think of dead spots with this idea, but they could all be countered one way or another, such as by increasing the price, increasing the price by scale of champion level, time based increase, etc etc.

TL;DR: 7th item slot for consumables and/just for wards. why you think it's wrong.

Vikaryous

06-10-2012

I would rather make it a special item purchase that then functions as a 7th item slot, stacks 5 times like the rest. So you could carry 5 Sight Wards or 5 Vision Wards. Having it carry other consumables might be a little much.

SatanInDisguise

06-10-2012

TBH making it carry other consumables would be pointless as nobody buys HP or MP pots past 20 minutes at least and by that time it is rare for you to have 6 items and in terms of the stat boosting pots even if you have 6 items if you buy one it is just automatically activated.

XilverDagger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-10-2012

I think that having a 7th item slot only for wards would be a HUGE improvement to the game, because it takes away the negative of holding a ward if you aren't a support. Now you can finish your build, and continue to help the team ward the map.

In addition, it clearly shows that warding is important enough to warrant a whole item slot, showing beginners the importance of wards.

AU Freo

06-10-2012

I think this is an awesome idea. It's something I have contemplated for a long time now and I really can't see how there are any faults or holes within the idea. There are so many times where I have a maxed out build or similar, and all I want is one little ward so I can go set it at the baron, or sometimes even an Oracle. It would save having to sell something and have to waste gold rebuying it.

McDerp

06-11-2012

Seems not that many people are interested in this idea. I bet if people had the option though they'd take it..

Xyn0s

06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XilverDagger View Post
I think that having a 7th item slot only for wards would be a HUGE improvement to the game, because it takes away the negative of holding a ward if you aren't a support. Now you can finish your build, and continue to help the team ward the map.

In addition, it clearly shows that warding is important enough to warrant a whole item slot, showing beginners the importance of wards.
make this **** the top comment please
(i strongly agree, could not have said it better)

McDerp

06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyn0s View Post
make this **** the top comment please
(i strongly agree, could not have said it better)
he said two contradictory statements, which one are you for? 6 or 6+1?

xCry0x

06-11-2012

Seems like a good idea, would allow carry's to buy wards with extra money even if their slots are full putting together an item build.

DannyFeola

06-11-2012

No, just no. The point of having only 6 slots is very important to the game. If they were to allow you to separately hold wards that wouldn't take away from your 6 slots, it would make the game to easy. Warding has always been a tactical advantage and if they were to allow you to hold wards in a separate slot, they might as well take away the Fog of War