Warding: Job for a jungle or support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bipolaroo

06-12-2012

I end up having to ward for myself most games. Everyone believes the Supports or Junglers are the only ones supposed to ward which is BS. If you don't want to be ganked, Ward your own lane. I've played mid countless times as Ziggs and end up having to ward (Although i really want to buy my own stuff) because the team i'm with doesn't believe in AD carry's, AP Carry's, etc, etc. Warding. Please on behalf of your team buy wards!

Thanks from an unranked player.

AJStarhiker

06-12-2012

One reason I like playing Teemo: Mushroom miniwards, all over the map.

DirtyJs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarButters View Post
I end up having to ward for myself most games. Everyone believes the Supports or Junglers are the only ones supposed to ward which is BS. If you don't want to be ganked, Ward your own lane. I've played mid countless times as Ziggs and end up having to ward (Although i really want to buy my own stuff) because the team i'm with doesn't believe in AD carry's, AP Carry's, etc, etc. Warding. Please on behalf of your team buy wards!

Thanks from an unranked player.
can't rely on others to ward - i've had a support (on purple side) that chucked a ward in the river brush and considered the lane warded when i was pushed up to their tower. some time later after first ward expired, support chucked another ward near dragon, and considered the lane warded - multiple times the enemy came around the tribrush and killed the support - i survived cos i was awesome. i main jungle, so i can tell to some extent, when the jungler is near - i checked the support's items - she had wards, but just didn't know to ward the friggin tribrush

but yeh
NEVER rely on others to ward. they could be wasting 75 gold every time they place a ward anyway, if they don't know how to use that ward efficiently. efficient warding is very important early on. later in the game it doesn't really matter where you ward. any random ward on the map that catches even 1 missing enemy gives invaluable information for your team to plan your next move.