Warding: Job for a jungle or support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wildwolf06123

06-10-2012

I generally believe that it's the support's responsibility to do the warding around the map. However, more often than I would like, I play with supports who just don't bother. I also realize that jungles sometimes help the support with this burden and buy some wards themselves.

My question to you...who's job is it to place wards around the map (and not just their own lane, mind you!)? Is it the jungle's or support's responsibility?

Foxichu

06-10-2012

The jungler should be warding *both* jungles, and the support should be warding dragon and river. All lanes should ward there areas as well.

Ohasis

06-10-2012

I would argue the only person who should not be warding is the bot carry :\

Axiom Prime

06-10-2012

You ward your own lane unless your the Jungler or Bot AD Carry, Jungler wards the river and his respective Jungle, if he wants to counter Jungle its his job to ward the opposite Jungle. Bot support Wards his lane until Laning is over around that time he can start warding everywhere else, but its just as much your job as it is his. If you disagree, that is why you lose games...expecting someone else to do what you should be doing for yourself.

Res0lu7ion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-10-2012

The argument normally is that EVERYONE should be warding, just especially your bot support who normally gets gold per 10. Since wriggle's lantern is a somewhat popular item on and AD carry anyway its not like getting a ward up is foreign for any champion to buy, heck sometimes I get wards as solo mid Lux.

Technician Tim

06-10-2012

job for whole team, but mostly support

the jungler should ward his and his opponents buffs though

TeknoWizard

06-10-2012

Person with the most wards should be the support, then jungler, then top lane, then mid, then finally the AD carry. The support should be warding river early and mid, then expanding into their jungle later. The jungle should be warding both jungles, or a lane if they don't have a ward. Top should be warding his own lane, or maybe invading and warding their jungle. Mid should be covering their own lane, and maybe wraiths. The carry should, for the most part, not be buying many wards, but I try to have one on me, just incase they run out and the support is else where.

SwagnetoX

06-10-2012

Everyone should be warding. Period. 75g isn't going to stop your build.

I personally think of it like this. Do I spend 75g to give my entire team vision of an area and stop myself from dying? Or do I give my opponent 300g for dying to their jungler?

Kenshin Akira

06-10-2012

Warding is everyone's job. The jungler and support shouldn't have to buy ALL the wards, but okay for most of them. I mean, hell, it wouldn't kill top or mid lanes to pick up one or two every time they went back to buy. Even the AD Carry can afford one or two during the game's duration if you're really strapped.

mambawarrior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-10-2012

Everyone should be warding, even your carries.