Getting 2 error messages and cannot play on my computer and laptop

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rj2012

06-09-2012

Well I am new to this game and just finished the download. I have now downloaded LoL on my computer and laptop.

When I opened up LoL on my laptop, it worked fine. I typed in my username and password but then it just said "Login failed for an unknown reason. Please visit http//support.leagueoflegends.com for more information." When I hit the ok button, it just stays on retrieving data from server.

And on my computer, it says "Video card does not support Pixel Shader 2.00"

Lord Seacow

06-09-2012

For the laptop, there are a few reasons you can get that error. This page from the Riot support site has steps for several ways to try and fix a login failure. It would also probably be a good idea to make sure that League is not being blocked in some way by a firewall or antivirus program.

On your other computer, the Pixel Shader 2.0 message most likely means your graphics card in that computer does not meet the minimum requirements. However it is also possible your drivers are just too out of date. Best way to find out would be to have you post your DxDiag for that computer. Getting a DxDiag is very simple, just follow this guide.

Let me know if this helps!

Rj2012

06-09-2012

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!

It now works on my laptop! I really don't want to be tampering with the family computer so I will just have to play on my laptop.

Thanks again =D Great Help you guys are