Sona or Soraka?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrimCrimson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak556 View Post
Why not lane Sona and Soraka together?
And make them non-supports.

It works. They end up a bit squishy, but it works.
Oh my god, I had to lane against a sona and soraka as tristana and a Garen with 1 fps on average.

I never died, but I couldn't fking kill them either, Garen was just useless.

boynightmare

06-10-2012

i like janna. best support ever.
i play as her in rank game

TheSkizzle

06-10-2012

soraka

YokoDervenOmega

06-14-2012

Personally I enjoy playing Sona more. What nobody's mentioned is her passive. Need a slow? need to lower an enemy's damage by 20%? need to do some damage?

when you pay attention to her passive it's a whole different game.

And her ult can snag your carry/team that kill, save him/your team from a bad gank. Honestly I think an ult that can stun the entire other team is more viable than an ult that can heal your team.

Kittylyst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-15-2012

It basically depends on your play style.

Sona is great for getting those assists. Her heal is pretty meh, but she has great utilities otherwise. She can also hit REALLY hard in the early phase, and a lot of people underestimate that. She is definitely a bit more aggressive in her playstyle.

Soraka has a great heal, and being able to silence/give mana on a free cost, short cooldown is fantastic. Alistar going to headbutt your carry? NOPE. Sona going to power chord you? NOT ANYMORE PUNK. Graves need some more mana? HERE YOU GO COWBOY. Her ult is also ridiculous and can turn the tide of some fights.

I love playing them both, but recently turned more towards Soraka. I just love her so much.

Xyanyde

QA Analyst

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak556 View Post
Why not lane Sona and Soraka together?
And make them non-supports.

It works. They end up a bit squishy, but it works.
I do this ALL the time, AD/AP Sona with a Soraka assist. I call it a Sonaka lane.

Back to the original question though...

I'd have to go with Sona on this one. She is excellent in team fights since her auras help the entire team, she has some really nice burst for a support, and an aoe stun that can even reach through walls. Believe it or not, she actually has a very high skill cap as well. She is a very complex character that can really work well with any champ at all.

Not only do her abilities have actives (Attack two things at once, heal, and speed boost) and persistent auras that can stack (increase AD and AP, increase armor and MR, 20 movement speed) but she essentially has a third set of abilities when you add Power Chord into the mix (burst damage, 20% reduced damage debuff to target, 40% slow).

So overall, I think that Sona is a more useful champ in a variety of situations.

Sexual Healing

06-15-2012

In lane, Soraka's passive is really nice against Sona. You have your trade off's on the burstiness of their heals, and the mana on one vs. the dmg of the other, but overall, nothing beats a good soraka.

Yikole

06-15-2012

Soraka. Sona's heal just isn't good enough for me. Sona's ult is good, but Soraka's ult pretty much lets her be everywhere at once. I've saved many mids from dying in a very close fight. And I like Soraka's horn.

Careful

06-16-2012

Soraka. Her lane sustain is too strong, her ult gives her overall lane presence and can save someone, or assist a turret dive no matter where she is.

TheMcMuffinMan

03-31-2014

I really like sona's gameplay because it's pretty simple.
She not only heals you but
1. Allows you to hit harder.
2. Allows you to run faster.
3. gives you more armor.
4. As a good cc ult which auto stuns 1.5 seconds.

I feel like she's a more active support who can poke and escape fast, but she is also fragile. I've seen some sona's get 2 hit k0ed and in some cases one. Also her W does very minimal healing.
But overall I've used her in aram and sum's rift and she does a great job in strengthening an adc.