Sona or Soraka?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RedSoloCup24

06-09-2012

I don't get it, I mean, it never gets old op ulting people up top with Darius, but I love to support with Soraka. No pressure to push, dont worry about last hitting minions, and an excuse to buy Boots of Mobility

But I know Sona is also a support similar to Soraka ( just buff teammates and loaf around ) and i was wondering for 5's, whose your favorite to use and why?

Skilltestingman

06-09-2012

Sina

mertatron

06-09-2012

they are not the same.

sona can give easy kill while soraka can make u not die.
soraka can be good with a mana hungry bot and even better a bot with an escape, since she can't save him if he's traped.

sona can be nivce with a burst champ such as graves and in my opinion needs to be more agressiv, she won't be able to sustain her carry as well as soraka but she can deal more damage in a short time

Kreyni

06-09-2012

I played both for around 1-12, here's my opinion.

Sona loots you tons of assists, because of her fast cooldown heals. This gets you more gold than Soraka on average. Sona should be aggressive early-game, because her Q does tons of damage to low-health people at a huge range (Everybody has low health early-game). Her heals are kinda meh, but the fast cooldown makes up for it. Another important factor is escapes. Countless times I've saved my whole team by ulting the enemy team chasing us and using E.

Soraka has a huge heal burst, great for denying Darius that cooldown refresh. She has a non-ult CC, which can be used aggressively. Her Q is an amazing farm ability with its short cooldown, but she's a support so not much CS is needed. One of the worst parts about Soraka is no escape. Once you blow your heal, you're very vulnerable for the next 10 or so seconds. With no escape, Soraka dies hard to CC, if they manage to kill your attacker and, say, Cho Ruptures you.

I'd say Sona, just personal preference :P

oSam9

06-09-2012

I like Soraka because of the free E and her heal and silence are great. I've saved numeral lives with her ult and her Q is great for farming. The only problem is she's targeted a lot so you have to build AP with HP and armor.

Alumenlux

06-09-2012

It's a matter of synergy

Soraka would be better on a mana hungry champ and Sona would be better with a bursty champ

M0nkeyM4n

06-09-2012

see the thing about soraka vs sona is healing and mana.

soraka can heal more and give mana while sona can only give health. Sona also doesnt heal as high but you can heal a lot more in a minute.

the thing about soraka is her high heal and ult. soraka's ult is global so you can save ur teammates when they need heal at last minute. Sona's ult is great because you can stun and can turn games around. (have done this in ranked games too many times and have gotten "mvp" cause of huge stun).

also a diffrence about healing is soraka u have to focus on one champ to heal while sona u can hit her heal and it heals the lowest 2 champs so you are not focusing on just saving u can focus on using sona's other spells at the right moment. i know i have gotten caught trying to heal with soraka and i hit minon or wrong champ which is very frustrating.

if u want more info i can write a book on supporting, just add me in game and i can have conversations about the differences if you are trying to main support.

pentaRifts

06-10-2012

Soraka for a healing/MP heal

Sona for kills and a Heal

imo it depends if your AD carry is MP hungry or not

AU Freo

06-10-2012

Soraka IMO.

Yasako

06-10-2012

Why not lane Sona and Soraka together?
And make them non-supports.

It works. They end up a bit squishy, but it works.