Is poppy getting reworked?

First Riot Post
12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

THE GREAT SLOTH

02-21-2014

She's just such a weird champion, and she's almost never played. In 700+ games of summoner's rift over two years I've seen her maybe 2-3 times.

ElysMustache

02-21-2014

There have been 0 Riot posts in the last 500 threads with Poppy in the title. Coupled with the S4 jungle changes improving her state, draw your own conclusions.

Doctor Poopy

02-21-2014

I main Poppy. In normals, I carry like...almost 70% of the time. Don't rework her Rito.

Riot Tiki

User Research

02-21-2014
1 of 7 Riot Posts

Sadly I have no idea if Poppy is on anyone's radar for a rework, but from my own perspective:
1. I think she needs it
2. I'm scared of it

She is absolutely one of my favorite champs, but her kit is just... weird. She's like an assassin that can also be tanky, and invulnerable, and can steamroll if you get her going. She also suffers (like a number of older champs) due to the high mobility of some of the newer champs. Which is to say if you don't play her real well, the ADC you wanted to target just hopped away and then flashed if you did as well. A fellow rioter who also plays her pointed out that her "w" is pretty boring, and I'm inclined to agree.

What I love about her is the charge, the hammer, and her concept. She feels like a tiny cannonball, small in stature with huge and satisfying impacts (especially her hammer). It's also nice to see a Yordle who isn't comic relief. I am scared of a rework taking some of that away, but it certainly wouldn't have to.

Regardless, I would like to see her in more games

Wezzcrank

02-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Tiki View Post
Sadly I have no idea if Poppy is on anyone's radar for a rework, but from my own perspective:
1. I think she needs it
2. I'm scared of it

She is absolutely one of my favorite champs, but her kit is just... weird. She's like an assassin that can also be tanky, and invulnerable, and can steamroll if you get her going. She also suffers (like a number of older champs) due to the high mobility of some of the newer champs. Which is to say if you don't play her real well, the ADC you wanted to target just hopped away and then flashed if you did as well. A fellow rioter who also plays her pointed out that her "w" is pretty boring, and I'm inclined to agree.

What I love about her is the charge, the hammer, and her concept. She feels like a tiny cannonball, small in stature with huge and satisfying impacts (especially her hammer). It's also nice to see a Yordle who isn't comic relief. I am scared of a rework taking some of that away, but it certainly wouldn't have to.

If anything only her ultimate and maybe passive will be changed.

Artyisonfire

02-21-2014

Quote:
1. I think she needs it
2. I'm scared of it

HI

Sodaspree

02-21-2014

A Rioter who actually loves Poppy.

Morior Invictis

02-21-2014

Quote:
1. I think she needs it
2. I'm scared of it

I would agree a rework seems necessary, because you will never find balance with Poppy due to how scary her late game is with 5 seconds of essential immortality, not just from death, but CC as well.

I really think the only way to fix her is to change her, and more specifically, the way her ultimate works.

DeathByAnts

02-21-2014

Quote:
1. I think she needs it
2. I'm scared of it

If she could farm adequately I honestly think she would make a great top-lane champion.

Super Explosion

02-21-2014

Quote:
I am scared of a rework taking some of that away, but it certainly wouldn't have to.
You may be part of Riot's hope for the future.

You may not have been in time to save Karma, but perhaps make sure those designers maintain the 'unstoppable cannonball of WHAM' feel.

Poppy's a different champion. And that means something. She has a unique feel from the other 'fighters'.

12345 ... 6