Help with Mechanics and Gameplay

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fixed Piano

09-11-2014

Hi,

I am Fixed Piano and I was wondering if someone could give me some tips on mechanics and gameplay. I main ADC with Jinx and if not available I support with Sona. I am in Bronze 5 and I could use some help with what I am doing wrong. This is my LolKing page http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/40391586#matches

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2014

First things first: Seeing your LoLking isn't going to help us see your mechanics :P Mechanics are your core movements and reactions to others movements.

Here, let me share with you my 10 commandments of League. Anything else you do, we would have to learn from playing with you.

1.) CS -Need a good CS score. 90 by 10 minutes is great, but you need at least 60 to be in gold, 70 is preferred though.

2.) Objectives - Need to take objectives when you get kills. Don't chase kills, go for the turret if they are running. They will come back to die or you will get the turret. Win/win.

3.) Don't die if you're carrying - Every death you have when you're fed allows the enemy team to take objectives. If you die when fed, your loss is deserved.

4.) Understand Risk/reward - What will you get if you dive bot lane under tower, and what are the odds you have success.

5.) Map awareness - you need to [/U] properly[/U] AND PAY ATTENTION to the map. If the Jungle's top, you can push bot all you want. ETC.

6.) Don't trade if you're ahead - A 1 for 1 allows the enemy to get back into it if you're ahead as you give him more gold and you relieve pressure so he can farm safely.

7.) Runes/Masteries - Generally you need at least 6 to be an effective ranked player(Rune pages) and you need to have an effective set up. I have 20 and don't feel its enough as I have pages that counter lane matchups such as vs AP or Vs AP.

8.) Be able to play every role, but specialize in two - You cannot always get the role you want every game, so be versatile and you should be alright.

9.) Last Hit Trading - Somewhat of a more advanced technique, but almost as important as last hitting. Watch the enemies minions as well as yours to pre-emptively time an attack where you can attack them and they cannot attack you back as they are last hitting.

10.) Keep your cool - This may seem trivial. Its not. If you start raging at people, they are going to play like ****. Positive attitude wins games.

Honorable Mention - Be opportunistic. If Leona throws a Lance, you have 8 seconds to beat her in the face and she can't do anything back. If Amumu just Bandage tossed and ultimate'd Fizz, he may have died but has nothing left - don't run away, do damage until his cooldowns are up.

This is all over the forum and this is just a bullet point response.

If you're really serious about getting better, I advise you watch Leaguecraft 101. This guy got me to Gold 1 and still climbing(IF I only had more time.)

Just looking at recent history - you don't seem to have a problem with farming. What is GLARING out at me is that you always have an absurdly low number of assists in every game. Especially as Sona. I rarely ever have a game with Sona I don't have an assist on half of the kills my team made. So I'd advise you looking into helping your team more. Farming is good, but it isn't everything.

If I had to sum up what I thought was your problem without playing with you - it would be you're way too passive and do not take advantage of kills by taking objectives. You need to be more aggressive, and you need to do constant DPS (ESPECIALLY AS AN ADC) during fights and do not leave your team hanging. I don't care if you have 10 HP Left, judge distance/cooldowns/summoners and get an auto attack in here and there. Or if that's not possible, go lifesteal off wolves or something and come back into the fight.

Fixed Piano

09-11-2014

Thank you

FantasySniper

09-11-2014

Consider changing out your Armor Seals for Health, and don't use Gp10 Quints.
The farther down the page a mastery is, the better, sacrifice earlier ones for something more significant. (Example: Taking out a point from Fury for Dangerous Game)

Attack-Move is probably the only thing I can add.