New to rank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnnyDeathKy

1 Week Ago

Idk if this is the right place to post this, sorry in advance. I just now hit 30.. looking to try ranked. All my friends are gold+ and just wanting to check up to them. Before I try out ranked I want a better understanding of it.

How does it work? Like ranking up, is it based on wins and losses? Can you lose rank? Can anyone give me a good understanding of it? I dont want to queue in and lose and mess something up

ThunderBoltZ

1 Week Ago

-You need to play 10 games in the placements.
-Based on how you play/how many wins/loss will determine your division.
-So for example if you win all 10 games with good performance, you can be placed in platinum.
-The first 1-3 games are very important because it will set the MMR of your level.
-Hope it helped

EDIT: Once you are placed in lets say "silver 5", you might want to be aware of losing streak because you can drop divisions.
For example: Silver 5 to Bronze 1..

JohnnyDeathKy

1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderBoltZ View Post
-You need to play 10 games in the placements.
-Based on how you play/how many wins/loss will determine your division.
-So for example if you win all 10 games with good performance, you can be placed in platinum.
-The first 1-3 games are very important because it will set the MMR of your level.
-Hope it helped

EDIT: Once you are placed in lets say "silver 5", you might want to be aware of losing streak because you can drop divisions.
For example: Silver 5 to Bronze 1..
so once you are ranked, you cant go up but you can go down? but then what would be the point of playing ranked and not being able to go up only down?

ThunderBoltZ

1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDeathKy View Post
so once you are ranked, you cant go up but you can go down? but then what would be the point of playing ranked and not being able to go up only down?
you can go up....what im saying is you will go down if you lose too many games.

You go up by gaining LP....everytime you win, you get something like +20 LP...if you lose its something like -17 LP

-LP means League Points (in case you are wondering)

JohnnyDeathKy

1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderBoltZ View Post
you can go up....what im saying is you will go down if you lose too many games.
ahh alright ty, do u know how many games u need to win to go up once ur ranked?

ThunderBoltZ

1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDeathKy View Post
ahh alright ty, do u know how many games u need to win to go up once ur ranked?
You cant really tell that. The amount of LP you get is based off your MMR. So if you are in a losing streak, your MMR will decrease and you will get less LP than usual. But if you are on a winning streak, you get more than usual because your MMR is getting higher.

EDIT: But for good players, it takes about 5-10 games total (including promotion series) to move to the next division or level such as "Silver 5>4>3>2>1"

Sexiest Summoner

1 Week Ago

Whatever you do try not to die in any of your ranked games and finish the game (win or loss) with a high positive KDA, and you'll climb to Challenger in no time.

HOMO KPOP

1 Week Ago

Depending on how knowledgeable you are in the game already, you may or may not want to play ranked immediately. Many people play ranked, including me, without having first really learned enough past the basics and were stuck in bronze. It created a hell for people that just played more and quickly learned things not to do.

JohnnyDeathKy

1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by **** KPOP View Post
Depending on how knowledgeable you are in the game already, you may or may not want to play ranked immediately. Many people play ranked, including me, without having first really learned enough past the basics and were stuck in bronze. It created a hell for people that just played more and quickly learned things not to do.
Thank you! Im gonna take my time and wait till I get comfortable before I try it.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

1 Week Ago

Here, let me share with you my 10 commandments of League. This should help you realize when you're ready.

1.) CS -Need a good CS score. 90 by 10 minutes is great, but you need at least 60 to be in gold, 70 is preferred though.

2.) Objectives - Need to take objectives when you get kills.

3.) Don't die if you're carrying - Every death you have when you're fed allows the enemy team to take objectives. If you die when fed, your loss is deserved.

4.) Understand Risk/reward - What will you get if you dive bot lane under tower, and what are the odds you have success.

5.) Map awareness - you need to [/U] properly[/U] AND PAY ATTENTION to the map. If the Jungle's top, you can push bot all you want. ETC.

6.) Don't trade if you're ahead - A 1 for 1 allows the enemy to get back into it if you're ahead as you give him more gold and you relieve pressure so he can farm safely.

7.) Runes/Masteries - Generally you need at least 6 to be an effective ranked player(Rune pages) and you need to have an effective set up. I have 20 and don't feel its enough as I have pages that counter lane matchups such as vs AP or Vs AP.

8.) Be able to play every role, but specialize in two - You cannot always get the role you want every game, so be versatile and you should be alright.

9.) Last Hit Trading - Somewhat of a more advanced technique, but almost as important as last hitting. Watch the enemies minions as well as yours to pre-emptively time an attack where you can attack them and they cannot attack you back as they are last hitting.

10.) Keep your cool - This may seem trivial. Its not. If you start raging at people, they are going to play like ****. Positive attitude wins games.

Honorable Mention - Be opportunistic. If Leona throws a Lance, you have 8 seconds to beat her in the face and she can't do anything back. If Amumu just Bandage tossed and ultimate'd Fizz, he may have died but has nothing left - don't run away, do damage until his cooldowns are up.

As I said, this is all over the forum and this is just a bullet point response.

If you're really serious about getting better, I advise you watch Leaguecraft 101. This guy got me to Gold 1 and still climbing(IF I only had more time.)