Advice For Playing Jinx

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Direwolfiez

10-26-2013

I would have gone to the Noob Forums for this question, but as I'm not really a noob, I didn't think I should post there. I bought Jinx a few days ago, and I've had a little trouble playing her in normals. I've played Ashe since I started, and I'm good with her, but for some reason whenever I play Jinx I just derp out. Any general tips for playing her? You know, besides tips for ADCs themselves, like staying by your support/tank or focusing on squishies.

Is there a best time to use her W, or is it best to use it to poke? When would you advise using her ult, as a team fight is starting or when the opposite team is running from one?

I Have 1 Gear GO

10-26-2013

I tend to use her rockets as my main poke ability as they can't just hide behind minions to block it, in fact doing that makes them easier to hit with it, plus if you max Q she has nearly the longest range in the game with fishbones active. W is best used when you know you can hit someone with it and if you land it, it makes it very easy to follow up with your traps. Her ultimate is great when the enemy team is clumped up, and if you can hit a champion near minions from a long distance, it's good for poking them before you get back to lane and it should clear a full creep wave if it hits just right, but try not to use it when you aren't pretty positive you can hit it. I like to use her ult when I'm late to a teamfight, if someone dies after you land it, you can cover some insane distance with your passive and they don't expect you to arrive so quickly.

Ashi Lennon

10-27-2013

Get Zap first as your number one.

okay, Rockets are... Okay, at best, at level one. They do a little bit of damage, and eat up mana like crazy. the attack speed buff is negligible at level one for the minigun.

Zap first makes you an instant long range threat, and a massive deterrent for anybody trying to get an angle on you. Get your switcheroo at level two.

3unr

10-28-2013

i only play normals since im only lvl 28 but heres my 2 cents. i started with an AD first too (varus) and picked up jinx right away, shes so awesome! (double kills from cross map w/ ult!) i max zap asap because of its range and dmg, its a great poke. i tend to not use flame chompers much if at all, Q adds nice speed to your mini gun but the rockets are weak and use alot of mana ( until you get some AD ). she starts with a lot of dmg so, being in normals, i can get away with starting with 1mana pot and 1hp pot and just straight save for BF sword. poke with zap and out farm with q's speed. when you do get crit up though, rockets own.

copperpoint

11-08-2013

I got her a few days ago as well.
I still wonder when to max Q first and when W (Zap) would be better.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2013

Personally, I go W->Q->E->W->Q->R Then I decide if I need more poke or if its more aggressive I'll grab more in Q.

The damage increase between level 1 zap and level 2 zap is absurd, so I cannot leave it at level 1. After I get it level 2, often times I find myself leaving it there until Q is maxed out.

There is times where my lane is nothing but a passive poke lane and I level my zap 3 or 4 points, but my playstyle doesn't like being so damn passive so its rare that I do that very often.

E is always last.

Her W does a lot of damage, but has a really long wind up time. I'd say Pre-buy it does more damage than your basic auto attacks, but afterwards you should start with it before you engage as your auto attacks will do more damage.

Use her W to set up your Chompers. If you can land a W, walk forward and hit your chompers. This will force them to either: Blink over, run into them, or turn and engage you(Which you usually want as you have pretty decent dueling power).

I cannot tell you how important it is to be patient with your ultimate. Its really fast, and hard to miss. Though, it does a lot more damage the further away you are. LEARN THE SWEET SPOT RANGE. If you can learn when it gets to heavy dose damage, you can really rack up some kills.

Run Mana regen runes(Blues). I can't stress this enough, because her kit is just so strong she doesn't need the MR that much. Also, she is pretty mana hungry but with these runes I never seem to run out of mana.

Abuse her passive, but make sure you know you can get it! I can't tell you how many times I die thinking I can get her passive off, just to see who I'm trying to kill get away with 40 life and I die in the middle of the team. This is the part I'm still trying to master, and is the sweet spot of a good Jinx(Which I still don't think I am yet). If you can abuse your passive in teamfights, you can actually be absurdly mobile. The problem is, someone has to die first X.x

Practice switching your Q A LOT. It needs to be natural for you to want more range and switch to Q. I can't stress this enough. If someone's pursuing you in the middle of a teamfight, Switch to the minigun and kite backwards. Once they start running back, pop out the rockets and throw them rockets back into the teamfight. Any teamfight you have you should have switched 5 or 6 times at the least(Given you have a compotent opponent.) I have had games where I can just sit back and rocket the entire team while they try and kill tank Garen. Don't count on them being that bad, though.

As far as using her ultimate goes.... just use it to get kills, I know it sounds dumb, but that's what you gotta do. Don't be afraid of missing. Use it anytime you think you have a chance of getting a kill. It has a short cooldown, so missing isn't that bad.

I guess if I had any other tips, it would be if you're dueling, get your 3 stacks on your Minigun, switch to rockets for 2 autos, then minigun once, 2 rockets, minigun, 2 rockets. This will keep your stacks at 3, and give you 110% attack. Once you get Phantom Dancer/Stattik Shyv, you kind of have to do 2 minigun/2rockets because the CD is 1s. Don't use your W unless its before you have started auto attacking.

MafiaMIA

01-22-2014

Max q first for the long range and the pow-pow dps. For a helpful combo, poke with fishbones into snare into zap. Also don't be afraid to dive because your passive will be helpful in running away. Max w 2nd for the slow and the dmg and the snares last. In a teamfight, stay behind your teammates (unless you're really fed, a potential fed jinx can take down a team using pow pow) and poke with rockets and focus down the enemy adc and mid laner with pow-pow. Remeber that your ultimate is not a nuke, its a execution so you can open with your ultimate in a teamfight, or use it at the end to clean up. Building jinx you get critical strike, attack speed, and critical strike. With attack speed and critical strike and pow-pow, your dps skyrockets and you can take down anyone on their team 1v1. Unless they really fed too..... Basic build for her is Bezearkers greaves, infinity edge, blood thirster, phantom dancer, last whisper, and Guardian angel. Anyway thats all the tips i have for her.

AwesomeChad

01-23-2014

watch my stream. http://www.twitch.tv/awesomechad I got 2 accounts to plat 1, and 1 account to plat 2 at 69 LP in season 3. I main ADC. If you're in my chat, you can ask me questions. You can also add me in league.

Duhizy

01-24-2014

not sure if you play cait, but it's basically the same playstyle in the lane....but your just a hyper carry...being good at jinx comes down to just being good at adc in general. People max Q because, if played properly, you should get a free hit on the enemy on every last hit, the total damage potential is therefore much higher on a Q max. If your looking at how she should be played, i suggest you just watch doublelifts previous broadcasts on azubu, he plays jinx often and plays her with that proper aggressive playstyle that you should be using while playing her.

Nyar

01-24-2014

Assuming you're playing ADC Jinx, one thing you'll want to do is make sure the support is working with you to chain stuff together with your chompers. An example would be Leona getting a stun in, you drop your chompers, and both of you get in some convenient damage then just walk away back to a safe position.