Installation CRC Error

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Juan Luc Picard

06-09-2012

I am getting a constant CRC error during the installation process. I've scoured these forums and Google for any and all suggestion on how I might fix this, and nothing has worked.

I've uninstalled completely, deleted all related files to Riot Games, Adobe AIR, and Pando Media. Run CC Cleaner and restarted after each uninstall. I download fresh clients every install, still the same error. I've downloaded clients from mirrors, and simply torrented a complete game. Still the same CRC errors. I've also tried to use different path names (Such as C:/RiotGames1), Run as Administration, and created a secondary admin account under Windows that was password protected. I've run the launcher repair feature as well.

My registry has been scanned and rescanned for errors, it comes up clean. My modem has been reset to eliminate connection fault, InstallShield Wizard has been repaired and is fine, the only thing I have not done is reformat the drive, and I'm trying to avoid this as I literally just built this computer 4 days ago. It's brand new!

League was working perfectly for the first few days, and then over night it simply stopped functioning. The only other programs installed were: Skyrim, Skype, UTorrent, 7Zip, Spotify, Steam, and Adobe: AIR, Shockwave, Flash, Reader, and Java. The last 5 have been uninstalled and reinstalled at least twice a piece, and all of the other listed programs have been uninstalled and have not been reinstalled.

I also downloaded HD Tune Pro to test my hard drive, and it is not detecting anything wayward. It should be noted that I tried to dl/install winzip and also received a CRC error, but was able to install 7Zip and HD Tune Pro without issue, so I know it's not LoL dl related. I'm at a complete loss, does anyone else have any suggestions?

BlobPower

06-09-2012

There might a problem with your memory? How many memory modules do you have? Are they exactly the same ones? Do you have any BIOS settings about your memory? Does it help if you remove all modules but one?

Download memtest86+, burn it to a CD and boot it as Boot-CD. If it comes up with any error, there's no doubt that there's something wrong with your memory. But it might be just a wrong setting or something.

Juan Luc Picard

06-09-2012

I have Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 4 x 4GB sticks of RAM, purchased in the same package so they are the same type, size, and model.

I haven't tried to remove the memory yet, I'll need to run to the store and purchase some CDs before I try this. Will update later.

Juan Luc Picard

06-09-2012

Not sure if this will help resolve the issue or not, but here is DxDiag: