What do you think about leaver penalty's?

Riot should make a new system for leaver penalty's cause issues about storms and power outages. 1 25.00%
Riot should leave the system it has now be. And if you get disconnected its you're fault. 1 25.00%
Riot should higher leaver penaltys 2 50.00%
Riot should try to investigate all problems with random d/c's and power outages. 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Riot, Lower down leaver penaltys.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Godlike Nidalee

06-09-2012

A while back I got power outages and got disconnected a lot and It wasn't cause of my internet its cause a lot of thunder storms had hit at the time. I got pretty mad because Its not really my fault that a power outage happens or a storm hits. Especially when you're a player that has spent like $50+ on the game. It really gets you mad. So im making a poll for this. Vote for what you think should happen.

Ryuucat Meow Mew

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2012

With any given free to play game, you need to understand one key factor with microtransactions.

Deciding to purchase microtransaction content never entitles you to additional privileges, or leniency when it comes to punishments, regardless of the nature of the punishment. (In your case, a queue dodge timer, or temporary account suspension.) Note that there are some exceptions, certain companies offer additional features of perks in the form of microtransactions that typically act as a pseudo-subscription service, but this isn't relevant here at all - Riot doesn't do this.

With that being clarified, I would advise you against playing the game if you're aware of any factors that might result in your disconnecting or experiencing latency problems - while this inconvenience may seem minor to you, it also has a direct impact upon how other summoners enjoy League of Legends. If you can't play at your best (or, at all), they're going to suffer for it. Now, is that fair? No. While it's understandable if you couldn't anticipate such problems, it's inexcusable if you were already aware of them.

That being said, I can see you addressing two concerns here:

The most likely one being temporary bans issued to accounts with that have exceeded a certain leaves per game ratio. The system in place is a bit more harsh on newer accounts, as it's admittedly easy to exceed this ratio when your number of games is small. However, I don't believe these are permanent bans in most cases. It's a minor, temporary ban - don't play if you expect you might disconnect.

The second (and less likely issue) is queue dodge timers that one might experience if they disconnect in champion select. I doubt you're concerned about this, as it's very minor.

Here's a little official write-up regarding account suspensions that you might find informative.

open legs

06-09-2012

if you have a storm or power outage, you wouldn't even notice the penalty.

Sullybhai

06-09-2012

Hi, I play from Pakistan. and we have power outages all the time, they're called 'rolling blackouts' or 'load shedding'. I used to get really mad when i would dc and get banned because of something like this. these problems have been minimized due to me getting a modem with a built in battery and playing on my crappy laptop instead of my high tech pc (which sucks lemme tell you, catching draven's axes on a laggy pc = not fun). It's been a while since my last ban because of this. and i really have to say. don't play if you can't guarantee at least 45 minutes of free time and internet access. if there's an emergency and you have to leave or get disconnected you do get a warning without a ban. It's only on multiple leaves in a small succession of games do you get banned.

That said, i know how annoying it is to lose power in the middle of a game and get banned for it. sometimes the power comesback after only 3 minutes and it takes so long to reconnect to the game (starting pc, then riot won't let me connect, then finally connecting etc.) that you really can't make a difference in the long run of the match. I just don't think there's anything riot can do about it.

Me when i get banned because of load shedding:

http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces...t-resist-l.png