Question to those Heimer players out there...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fallen 62

10-30-2009

Why do I see sooooo many people going with his Missles as their first skill now? They get turrets either 2nd or 3rd (maybe), and almost never get his bomb until later in the game. Can someone tell me why people are doing this...? I'm not sure if it's just new players doing this, or if it's the new fad or something. I never get missiles first, going Turrets and Bomb for at least the first 4 levels, then probably get missiles at lvl 5.

I'm just curious to see if there's a reason behind it, or a new fad or something...

Khrane

The Council

10-30-2009

I think it would depend on who you are laned with and against, but I could really only see either turret+grenade, or grenade+missiles. The latter, you could harass the piss out of people, the earlier for playing defensively or pounding the tower with a good pusher.

I'm no expert, though.

DarkeTiger

10-30-2009

Considering his turrets die when he does, they aren't as useful. Chances are they also want to be active in the game, rather than be a passive turtler.

Fallen 62

10-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkeTiger View Post
Considering his turrets die when he does, they aren't as useful. Chances are they also want to be active in the game, rather than be a passive turtler.
Then don't die I just see it now as a regular occurance that someone takes missiles over the bomb or turrets, which I don't agree with. Turrets are still very, very effective. So what if they go away when you die? Build them up again... And the AP scaling on his bomb is immense; I don't know why people don't use that more often. It's not hard to aim, and is quite effective when you can predict the enemy champ movements to get a bind/blind on them.

Holypope

10-30-2009

I've occasionally wished I had my missiles higher. If the enemy keeps fleeing, those missiles are great for finishing them off. If my team/lane is winning by a strong margin, the turrets don't do much beyond generate income. Still, I've had no trouble pushing aggressively with my turrets and bombs. Even if I occasionally miss a kill I could have managed with a missile, the turrets/gernade are way better.

Fallen 62

10-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holypope View Post
I've occasionally wished I had my missiles higher. If the enemy keeps fleeing, those missiles are great for finishing them off. If my team/lane is winning by a strong margin, the turrets don't do much beyond generate income. Still, I've had no trouble pushing aggressively with my turrets and bombs. Even if I occasionally miss a kill I could have managed with a missile, the turrets/gernade are way better.
Same here, I suppose. I just don't like that the missiles don't focus on 1 champ if there are a few in the area. You could activate it and it may not even touch the hero you wanted. I get more frustrated with them than anything, and so tend to level them up later in game, once I have everything else at an appropriate level