((Closed Role-play; listed only, please.)) - Abductions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Paltala

06-12-2012

((Heh, you should be found by page 10, not long to go, another week I'd say.))

Kiang Li

06-12-2012

((Here's a map of the rest of Segment 1 - Search. Sorry for the delay. I need to give a heads-up before I get called god-moder/impatient: Li's role is large while assembling the group but will shrink to a team-player like what everyone else will be soon when the group is reassembled. So please do be patient until he finds Rowni along with the other 5.))

The Sub Zero Chamber - Finding Tem'rak

The Sheriff informed me of her presence, although I did recall that this part of the manor only had Göntaro and a few cultists roaming the labyrinth besides the group I've saved so far. I felt no change in state as I was already being rushed by my own adrenaline.
I hear footsteps coming from where Göntaro went and ran from. I wait with the group.
"Worthless human and his chained daggers," muttered what I sought was a cultist. His tone clearly mocked who I began to think was Tem'rak. He went closer to the corner, where I and everyone else were just around.
I see a lanky hooded man-- a Summoner-- walking unaware with an orb fragment that depicted a sihouette of Göntaro, who tore several chains from a human. It was Tem'rak who was being tortured. I suddenly knew what was going on: Tem'rak was tortured some time ago before I was here. It was my hope that he was still alive, in what I was sure was a nearing sub-zero temperature chamber.
I hold the lever from the other end, pointed out was the solid cloth end. I swing and aimed for the chest in an attempt to destroy his capability of breath. But he failed an attempt to duck and instead I hit the protrusion in his neck.
He fell on the ground with a sharp wheezing sound from his neck, but the blow I inflicted seemed ferocious to me. He struggled and held his neck as his air supply neared end.
I leave him to suffocate. I realised one thing: Tem'rak was not the only good person that would have been in the chamber. There was good reason to believe that.

I searched the dying Summoner, who could not bellow for help. I find a small loaded pistol ((double-flintlock pistol)) and a small diary entry in his robes. I hold the gun by the barrel and read the clear portion of the diary entry:
"I've seen the worst horrors, but Göntaro was one of the many in this place to press through the bounds of human imagination. I have to go, I need to further investigate this manors. To whomever reads this, my squad must need your help more than I do. I cannot help them now; they are being guarded by the creature freed from a cage, along with a prisoner who was taken here days before I've arrived."
I look at the next paragraph, but it all seemed to be covered by the contents of a human mouth; teeth, gums and blood.

The near-dead Summoner looked at me as if he needed mercy. I pulled his robe off and wore it, revealing what he was wearing underneath; a thick black jacket and a linen and cotton set of clothing behind the buttons.

I missed my mask, but getting another would not be a pain when I get paid by the League and Piltover after this. I use the blue hood of the robe to get some warmth unto my head as well.

I find myself in a sub-zero chamber, but the top-half of the chamber appeared warm as a summer park can be, but the lower half only appeared like the cold desert of Freljord. I look at Tem'rak, who I quickly recognised from where his daggers and chains would have been in place. I thought that he would not believed I would rescue him, so before he looked at me, I took off the hood of the robe and showed my long-ago clawed face. I saw his cage suspended by a solid metal rod, which very slowly lowered itself down towards the slender ice-spikes below it. The cage had holes, and the purpose of them were obvious.

I look around, seeing several disarmed Piltover authorities impaled on the spikes. There was evidence that the spikes were conjured and appeared suddenly. I figured the sorcerer responsible to be the Summoner who I left to die hence his blue robes.
I could not speak since my throat was too cold for speech. Which reminded me somehow; I throw my waterskin onto a small patch of ice to cool it down from lukewarm.

I forgot what Tem'rak did at the time. Did he attempt to bellow at me? Did he make sounds by tapping the cage's metal bars to get my attention? Or was he intimidated by my presence, and expected to be further tortured?

NikkishallDye

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-12-2012

Tem'rak heard the footsteps coming, and jumped up, ready to fight with whatever effort he could.
Seeing, however, that it was not his initial torturer, he clanged on the cage.

If you think i'm some willing victim, you'd better walk away right now!

Tem'rak was trying his best to act tough, but was clearly feigning.

*cough* Get near me and you'll find your bowels wrapped around your neck.

Kiang Li

06-12-2012

I look at Tem'rak and he did not seem to notice the subtle difference between me and the corrupt Summoner; our heights; I was shorter by a foot. I hold my pipe by the cloth end and striked the ice spikes with it. Some shatter, but the thick bush of ice stopped it at a thumb's length. It was most likely me, I was terribly exhausted after all. I knew I should have slept or taken some food with me before I left my camp not far away from this manor. I try the pipe swing again, but it failed and bounced off. The ice has hardened.

There must be something Tem'rak knew that I did not know about this chamber. Was there a keyhole for the quadra of keys? He'd never tell me, I do look like another one of his tormentors after all.

I scan the room for a lever or a keyhole.

I hear a loud, thudding click. The cage lowered by a foot, Tem'rak is nearing a spikey death.

I resume searching, but a chamber this large would take more than me to search before Tem'rak dies. There must be something that I could use to either prevent the spikes from tocuhing him or a way to open the cage.

Rudmed

06-12-2012

Claude passed the slowly dying summoner, but kneeled down next to him. A look of pity could be seen in his eyes, but deep down he knew the man's act were of some of the cruelest known to humanity. He placed his hand carefully on the summoner's hand and with a quick jerk there was a loud snap. The summoner stopped moving and didn't even twitch. Claude's demon head let out a soft glow as Koroza claimed his newest victim.

He saw Kiang go into a room, and was about to follow when the cold caused him to shiver. He still wasn't so sure if he should enter the room so he just stood outside and looked in. Perhaps Tem'rak would act differently if he saw Claude, but Claude began to question his postion when he saw Tem'rak's cage lower. Was he in the wrong when he killed the man? Should he hope that his overcoat provdied enough warmth to enter? Perhaps he should try to melt the icicles...perhaps even in this weakened state he could conjure atleast a little fire. Speaking of which why had no one used magic anyways?

Kiang Li

06-12-2012

((There's a trunk hidden at the side of the room. Li hasn't seen it yet since it's inside a hatch that Tem'rak probably saw.))

I spot a thin slab of metal sitting just under the cage Tem'rak was imprisoned in. I walk to it and attempted to lift it up, but it was far too heavy for my current state. Claude wouldn't be able to lift with me since the cold would not be as bearable for him. Perhaps if he had a jacket.

I walk out and strip the dead Summoner off his jacket, leaving him to freeze until he decays in his cheap linen cloths, which were made of the same material as my shirt. I throw the jacket at Claude. It was larger than him, but it would have to do. I then began to speak in my own tone. I was truly surprised to hear that I sounded simple, clear and well-volumed, especially at my state of shock with what I've witnessed through this manor. ((He sounds like Alexander from Amnesia... well, that and he's a nice guy)).

"He would not need it." I say "Come, I found a way to save the other."

I walk back in the room and stood besides the slab of metal, waiting for Claude.

Rudmed

06-13-2012

Claude caught the jacket and put it on over his overcoat. He now had three layers of clothing on, but it made the cold bareable. He was also suprised to hear Kiang speak, " I took you for a mute or something." he commented as he approached the heavy slab. He bent his knees and got ready to lift when he glanced over to Kiang, "I sure hope you know what you're doing."

Kiang Li

06-13-2012

I look at the two slabs of metal serving as a double-floor for Tem'rak's cage. I wonder: What is the purpose of having a torturous device if there was a way to save its victim? Was I being tricked? I doubt that.

The double-floor of the cage had a clear insert. I lift up the slab by my legs and gestured Claude to carry it with me. I spoke no word after my sentence telling him to come. I hope that this would work, for that if Tem'rak dies, it would be the end of all my duties... and life.

Paltala

06-13-2012

Mort was about to follow the others into the room when a sudden blast of cold air hit him, wearing nothing but the rags in which he was found, it was impossible for him to follow. Standing as close as possible he scanned the room trying to find anything that might be on interest.

NikkishallDye

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2012

seeing as how you haven't attacked me yet, there's some lever mechanism that they use to pull the cage forward before it lowers and, you know, impales me?
((Just wanna say that this is a really awesome RP, i'd been slacking in my reading, but holy cr.ap, you guys are epic. and, QUADRAKEY))