((Closed Role-play; listed only, please.)) - Abductions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dynamic NPC RP

10-03-2012

The Anomaly

Though it was difficult to understand its words in reality, one would clearly understand its words when they looked closer. And one would easily decipher the meaning of its words for when they reach its greater mind. It spoke into the nether, where Mort would clearly hear its words. Its voice remained calm, and soothing, as if the hearers would think that they spoke to a God, yet it was clearly just an anomaly, a device of speech that one would communicate through from a different plane of existence. It spoke into nothingness, yet Mort's probes would hear every single one of its words:

"...within the lands serene
Always wisdom has been glean
By the armies umpteen
And now red, from its lands were green
From man's machine
From man's machine
And regression from the mean
Was never to be seen
It was never to be seen"

What did Mort realise from the words?

Paltala

10-04-2012

((I'll admit, that means nothing to me apart from maybe a war of technology or something))

Mort heard the words as they came, he repeated them out loud to everyone as they came to him, allowing everyone else to heard what was said. After it was finished, he pushed away and looked away at the others thoughtfully. After a few moments of silence, Mort suggested, "I don't know what that means too well but I have the feeling it is that of a war, of technology or machines or something..."

Kiang Li

10-04-2012

((It's fragmented, don't worry, I'm not finished with the poem yet. But here's a clue: Humanity.))

Paltala

10-04-2012

((Hmmm))

Dynamic NPC RP

10-04-2012

The Anomaly

Mort's established connection with the Anomaly has made his ears hear all other words. It was no hallucination, but the psychic-powered man would hear its words despite his lack of physical connections. It was bonded with him. It proceeded with its words, and none other than Mort, in this chamber, would hear him.

"A word of whole
Lived in by a group of being dull
Animals lived null
But those that were dull,
Who felt they were null
Ravaged the world of full
And ravaged every soul"

It paused briefly, and then:

"Do you understand?" It asked Mort, yet it had doubts that the man would understand. He paused, and waited. What did Mort understand, if not for knowing the meaning already?

Paltala

10-04-2012

Mort cited out the rest of the poem as he heard it but he hesitated as the voice talked to him directly, Mort didn't know how to respond but he shook his head slightly in answer to the question, he had the feeling it was about humans and a big war or the demise of humanity but he didn't mention that the voice had spoken to him.

AskKarthus

10-07-2012

What bothers you, Mort?

Paltala

10-07-2012

Mort looked up at Karthus to the question, he couldn't tell if he could hear the voice as well but he tried to answer quickly, "I just can't place what that poem is all about, it's annoying."

AskKarthus

10-07-2012

Could you recite it? I don't have the psychic connection you do.

Paltala

10-07-2012

The poem? Mort got really confused, he didn't know if Karthus meant the poem or the voice as Mort had already recited the poem.