((Closed Role-play; listed only, please.)) - Abductions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Paltala

09-23-2012

Mort listened to Li talk without saying a word and when he was finished, Mort just walked forward and embraced him wordlessly in a hug. After a few moments, he whispered so that only Li would hear him, "It's okay, we'll get out of here and you will see her again, trust me like I trust you." He finished, smiling and still holding Li.

AskKarthus

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiang Li View Post
(( O.O ))

Karthus

The book was not what it appeared, or so the Lich would soon find as he thumbed the book. A latch clicked open, and a handle seemed to erect itself from the wall, facing away from the old oak shelf that the book used to stand from. The handle was rusted, and shaped like a T reached aside towards those that would see it, waiting to be pulled, but it was unknown, its purpose, and there are obvious risks for those that touched it.

What did Karthus do?
(( Mwahahahaha, smurfz. ))

Karthus does what any mad scientist archvillian from a cheesy, half-baked movie would do. He flipped the switch.

(( Cue diabolical laughter. ))

Paltala

09-25-2012

((bump))

Kiang Li

09-25-2012

((I have a surprise for everyone that would be in Episode 2.))

Karthus

The switch had no futile purpose. In fact, Karthus would soon hear a series of heavy clicks, accompanied by lighter clicks and tapping. There was a mechanism, and soon the table in the middle of the archives would hover slowly and eerily from its place. It was no table. It was part of a mechanism that was the grand section of this building. As soon as its top met with the flat ceiling, it revealed to be the lid of a gargantuan tube. The cylindrical building hummed with blue energy, glowing as a mist of blue smoke floated majestically in the centre of the large chamber. It was like an anomaly. Karthus would soon realise no mistake, but he would feel that eyes are watching him, and ears are listening to his every word.

Zamara and Caitlyn

Claude would soon be kicked into a shelf by an unknown entity, knocked into a short state of sleep as he is pushed by the sudden force of power. The rest of the group inside would hear a loud slashing sound, followed by a slash, and soon the demonic man would realise that Zamara and Caitlyn have both been slain.

Li Zhao

I nod at Mort in approval of his statements. I fold my arms across my chest, watching as Karthus tinkers with the Summoner's property. I doubt that he has found a single fragment of the map just by looking at the books. I laugh silently at his clumsiness. As I reach towards the shelf to my left, I hear the sounds of clicking behind me. I turn around, only to realise that Karthus has pulled a rigged book. My eyes open as I look at the giant tube.

Paltala

09-25-2012

((Way to kill off the two AFK's))

Mort's ears perked at the sound of the clinking and mechanism, he cocked his head, trying to place the sound until he noticed the table rising. He stared in disbelief as the tube was revealed.
Once there was space, he carefully walked over to the tube, he got down onto his stomach and crawled up to the edge to look over. All he could see was the blue mist and anything else visible to him down there.

((Keep in mind my psychic powers allow me to see a little bit extra))

AskKarthus

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiang Li View Post
((I have a surprise for everyone that would be in Episode 2.))

Karthus

The switch had no futile purpose. In fact, Karthus would soon hear a series of heavy clicks, accompanied by lighter clicks and tapping. There was a mechanism, and soon the table in the middle of the archives would hover slowly and eerily from its place. It was no table. It was part of a mechanism that was the grand section of this building. As soon as its top met with the flat ceiling, it revealed to be the lid of a gargantuan tube. The cylindrical building hummed with blue energy, glowing as a mist of blue smoke floated majestically in the centre of the large chamber. It was like an anomaly. Karthus would soon realise no mistake, but he would feel that eyes are watching him, and ears are listening to his every word.

Li Zhao

I nod at Mort in approval of his statements. I fold my arms across my chest, watching as Karthus tinkers with the Summoner's property. I doubt that he has found a single fragment of the map just by looking at the books. I laugh silently at his clumsiness. As I reach towards the shelf to my left, I hear the sounds of clicking behind me. I turn around, only to realise that Karthus has pulled a rigged book. My eyes open as I look at the giant tube.
My comrades, I believe we may have found something that may be of great value, but the eyes of our enemies are restless here.

(( Profile for Karth. If the surprising adeptness in melee combat is too out of place for this, feel free to let me know. That was intended as homage toward Richard in Looking For Group. ))

Kiang Li

09-28-2012

((I can only wait so long =/))

Archives

I turn as I hear the large creeking noise coming from the table. My ears slightly deafen as its sounds fill the chamber like water in a bottle. I look at the glowing smoke, fascinated. Is this some sort of trick? Besides sorcery? It appeared as though it is a mere cloud stuck in a vacuum, merely being lit by a source inside. I hear Karthus' voice, but I do not give regard. It does not look like something of great value. Technology... they cannot be here inside a settlement created by sorcery. It is impossible. Primitive technology would be the first and only thing in its place. I lay my hand on the glass. It is freezing cold, despite the fact that this room is warm in here. But it might be just my jacket. I feel its cold grasp coming through my hands. It is much like the grasp of death itself trying to reach into my soul. I feel a stinging sensation coming into my nerves, yet it did not feel as cold anymore. I pry my hand away from it, fighting as I feel the glass crack and seemingly reach towards me. It looks like as if I grasped a piece of melting glass and cooled it as I raised my hand. Deformed. It is amazing, how sorcery can just defy the definition of technology. But something does not feel right. I feel the presence of more than a single limb on my right, another arm. I look over my shoulder. Normal. I find myself moving back from my body, which stood as my conscience took the form of a wraith that traverses into an alter reality.

My vision blackens.

I see Ruby looking at me from a distance.

She reaches for me with a fearful scream.

My hearing cuts away.

I find myself blown back by an explosion which came from where my hand was in the glass. I am sitting here against a wall. I stand back up and dust myself for a moment. I wonder what happened.

"Did you see that?" I ask Karthus and Mort, shuddering. They did not see me in the form of a wraith, and they would not. But Karthus would know that I traversed into an alternate reality.

Paltala

09-28-2012

Mort saw the explosion and had rolled away from the cylinder rather quickly to avoid injury to himself.
"The hell happened?!" He yelled, looking around in confusion and fear.

Ducky33

09-28-2012

"Mort, his mind is in a different world now. The magic permeating this area combined with his stress is deluding him, causing madness and pain." Karthus then says to Li, " Awake child, you are no longer present in your own mind. Awake."

(( Whoopsies, posted on my main. ))

Paltala

09-28-2012

((I got really confused and was about to yell at someone then :P))