((Closed Role-play; listed only, please.)) - Abductions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AskKarthus

08-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic NPC RP View Post
((I have a surprise for you, Karthus, later in. And trust me, it will make both meters work for you.))

Karthus' voice was then disrupted by a large, screeching noise, just before he was at the first letter of the second word of his sentence. Opal has swiftly vanished before she could be talked to again or touched. For every creature the group had slain, they would find themselves to be in a pool of dilemmas, making them see a creature they have slain in the peripherals of their vision. The screeching sound weakened, and soon they would hear voices echoing in the cave. It was the voice of a woman, likely in her earliest adulthood. It was distorted; each word seemed to have a different tone than the last, ranging from the tone of voices of several woman to simply just her pleading tone:
"No! What are you doing?" the voice asked, pleading in mercy. It was immediately followed by the sound of a sickle stabbing into... flesh? It was coming from where the cave seemed to darken and narrow. Despite its nearly-pitch blackness, the group would soon come across a half-empty lantern on the floor, just before the shadowy depths had faded from the faint light.
(( Built in godmode is now offline. Glad you figured out how to keep Karthus from obliterating everything. ))

Even in all my years, I have never heard anything as disturbing as that. I shall be glad to exit this house of death and get back to mine. Karthus picks up the lantern. Maybe my book is in this room. Karthus looks around.

(( Hunger: Doesn't matter
Thirst: Doesn't matter
Fear: 6/10 Karthus is a little edgy, and a bit anxious. ))

Rudmed

08-18-2012

Claude watched Opal disappear and figured he was correct, but the screech caused him to flinch. However, people that Koroza has killed while occupying Claude's body began to fill his peripheral vision. They were all running toward him and screaming at him. Famlies were together, couples, and then the loners. Their screams and yells mixed with the screech, but unlike the screech their voices did not fade.

"Shut them up!" Claude growled at Koroza as he began to break out into a cold sweat. This was clearly getting to him, and he tried to focus on something else. His gaze shifted to Caitlyn or the back of Mort's head. He was trying to focus on anything, but the people running past him.

"Foolish boy this is not my doing, but it seems our gracious host is deciding to punish you for your sins." Koroza responded chuckling a bit as he watched Claude squirm underneath his skin. Claude was so distracted he didn't hear the woman's pleads or the sound of something burying in flesh.

Hunger: 6/10
Thirst: 6/10
Fear: 8/10

Dynamic NPC RP

08-19-2012

Group's Cave

The screeches would soon fade, but not the figures that haunted the group. There was a demon's voice whispering, somewhere where the group was. It heard a familiarity from the arm of one of the victims. But as soon as it did, it began to play more drastic and severe tricks on the groups. Soon, they would come across an old man, who was nowhere near familiar. But if any of them have been in a manor, or anything where they were attended to, one would recognise that the old man was a butler. He faced away from the group as he carried a metal plate on one hand with steaming hors d'oeuvres of lobsters and spiced chicken. He carried a towel in the other hand, which was not raised, and he seemed to slowly turn around as if a platform turned him.

His face was not there; it was none other than a torn fabric of flesh, showing the brown, rotten flesh that used to be the facial muscles. There were no eyes, no mouth, yet it seemed to be able to talk. He leaned forward, to the group, but was in such a distance that it would take steps for him to be reached. "Would you like a piece?" he said in a warped, whispering tone, and his face seemed to cut open a gap on the temple, which was the displaced mouth. His lean seemed to point towards the arm of the cursed man, and appeared to have made response to the demon that spoke.

Kiang Li's Cave

The spike-bound cave where the Ionian had trodden upon did not show signs of wear. In fact, it seemed to begin in a transition, turning into a clean hall, piece by piece, shred by shred, it seemed to repair itself for every step. But as soon as he reached a well-lit, windowed section, he saw Ruby hanging from a noose, where gravity seemed to be forcing itself to the left, for the redhead. It was not the real Ruby, but it was once again a clone-ninja, who had faded into her grey-leotard-clad self as soon as the ninja approached. Li proceeded, but without caution, into the well-lit caverns, where it seemed to be peaceful and clean. But that was soon to change. It will change.

AskKarthus

08-19-2012

Quote:
Group's Cave

The screeches would soon fade, but not the figures that haunted the group. There was a demon's voice whispering, somewhere where the group was. It heard a familiarity from the arm of one of the victims. But as soon as it did, it began to play more drastic and severe tricks on the groups. Soon, they would come across an old man, who was nowhere near familiar. But if any of them have been in a manor, or anything where they were attended to, one would recognise that the old man was a butler. He faced away from the group as he carried a metal plate on one hand with steaming hors d'oeuvres of lobsters and spiced chicken. He carried a towel in the other hand, which was not raised, and he seemed to slowly turn around as if a platform turned him.

His face was not there; it was none other than a torn fabric of flesh, showing the brown, rotten flesh that used to be the facial muscles. There were no eyes, no mouth, yet it seemed to be able to talk. He leaned forward, to the group, but was in such a distance that it would take steps for him to be reached. "Would you like a piece?" he said in a warped, whispering tone, and his face seemed to cut open a gap on the temple, which was the displaced mouth. His lean seemed to point towards the arm of the cursed man, and appeared to have made response to the demon that spoke.
Karthus looks back up.
I do not need to partake. I thank you for the offer, however.

(( Hunger, thirst: Doesn't matter
fear: 6/10 still edgy

Rudmed

08-19-2012

Claude heard Koroza laughing, "What is it!" he demanded. He felt something, and it was quite familiar though he couldn't tell how strong it was. Though now the victims of Koroza became more life like as the children began to scream for their parents or older siblings. The parents were telling their children to hide before their deaths.

Koroza did not answer Claude wanting to let the tricks and suprises continue. He was really enjoying this demon's sense of humor. It was dark, painful, and grim. However when the butler spoke to him he shot off a telepathic reply, "I have no need for such things in this form, but tortured souls are always accepted."

This message went through Claude's mind, and he gently set Caitlyn down. He glared at the butler before drawing his pickaxe and charged the butler. He raised his pickaxe aiming to bury it into the butler's skull hoping to kill him. This was a major release for all the pent up fear, but a question still plagued him. How do they all know about Koroza? Claude wouldn't hear any of his comrades to call out to him, this butler had to die right then.

Fear: 8/10

Paltala

08-20-2012

Mort had been unnerved by the first set of illusions but this new set, with the butler and the people who he and the group had slain, that really unnerved him.
Looking around rapidly, he saw a blur of faces and then two that stuck out. He could not describe them but they looked incredibly familiar, but he could not place them. Yet looking at them made him upset and start shaking. Falling to his knees, tears started falling down his cheeks and all that could be heard from Mort is a faint, "I'm sorry."

Fear: 9/10 (shaking violently, incredibly upset)

((Also, apologies for not being as active as usual. Got my AS results and they weren't what I wanted so I needed time to sort myself out))

Dynamic NPC RP

08-20-2012

As the pickaxe landed and tore into his skull, it began to burn a fiery red heat. "Tormented souls?" the butler asked into the air in reply to the telepathic message, "Right this way..." he hissed as he began to float. Turning around, the pickaxe would soon be taken off the possessed's hand or it would break off, from the old man's head. His feet did not move at all in his motion, but his body said otherwise; he appeared that he was walking with his feet, yet they did not move despite the up-and-down motion that he took. He began to walk through the cave, and then light came across. There was a fork in the cave, one that seemed to continue the rock-bound passage, and a rusted steel gate. The passage seemed to have a thickening fog the further one would look in, and they would see no end in the darkening rocks. But the gate appeared locked, and its tilted position showed that it has also flew in this manor just like the mess hall and the library. There was a steel plaque that was impaled into the ground, just in front of the monstrous butler. It said a word in Ionian. But only those that were of such descent would understand the words; archives.

AskKarthus

08-20-2012

Quote:
As the pickaxe landed and tore into his skull, it began to burn a fiery red heat. "Tormented souls?" the butler asked into the air in reply to the telepathic message, "Right this way..." he hissed as he began to float. Turning around, the pickaxe would soon be taken off the possessed's hand or it would break off, from the old man's head. His feet did not move at all in his motion, but his body said otherwise; he appeared that he was walking with his feet, yet they did not move despite the up-and-down motion that he took. He began to walk through the cave, and then light came across. There was a fork in the cave, one that seemed to continue the rock-bound passage, and a rusted steel gate. The passage seemed to have a thickening fog the further one would look in, and they would see no end in the darkening rocks. But the gate appeared locked, and its tilted position showed that it has also flew in this manor just like the mess hall and the library. There was a steel plaque that was impaled into the ground, just in front of the monstrous butler. It said a word in Ionian. But only those that were of such descent would understand the words; archives.
Karthus smiles.
I would like to visit the archives, if at all possible. I am searching for my book. Even if not found, it would be interesting.

(( Hunger, thirst: don't matter
Fear: 5/10 Karthus is readjusting to the situation. It feels like home to him. ))

Dynamic NPC RP

08-21-2012

The Archives

There was no noise in here. It was a sanctuary for those that wanted to hide within the walls of the manor. It was well-decorated, and lit by candles that seemed to gleam for eternity. The walls were made of sandstone, darkened by the age of the manor, but still stood solidly, especially compared to the rest of this aging 'home' for the monstrous beings and the Summoner. It was peaceful, finally for those that chose not to take the diverged path with Kiang Li. None of them knew the fate of the Ionian from this point on, in fact. There were no books, but there were several diary entries. On the far side of the wall, there were cages, cages that seemed to contain tomes that glew. But there was a great hint in here that all magic would be suppressed; there would be no magic inside this large, square chamber.
Shelves made the grid of the Archives, along with several desks and sets of unattended canvas for painting. There were plans and conspiracies in here, all of them being failures. The butler gingerly leaned sideways to open the cage. The instant he did, he seemed to take a jar which faded into the chamber. He entered, only to find that the jars of souls absorbed his very essence. The door to the chamber remained open as silence took over the room. There was much to discover in the chamber as soon as the butler has vanished.

The book of the Deathsinger sat on an oak table before him, but it was not what it appeared, yet it will most likely deceive Karthus into thinking that it was his. If he would open it, the first page he would be strongly tempted to read the words, which were written clearly by a scribe:

Quote:
Mānsa asthi

Phōrma

Kāyama māṭē

Maraṇōttara jīvana

Mānsa asthi

AskKarthus

08-21-2012

Quote:
The Archives

There was no noise in here. It was a sanctuary for those that wanted to hide within the walls of the manor. It was well-decorated, and lit by candles that seemed to gleam for eternity. The walls were made of sandstone, darkened by the age of the manor, but still stood solidly, especially compared to the rest of this aging 'home' for the monstrous beings and the Summoner. It was peaceful, finally for those that chose not to take the diverged path with Kiang Li. None of them knew the fate of the Ionian from this point on, in fact. There were no books, but there were several diary entries. On the far side of the wall, there were cages, cages that seemed to contain tomes that glew. But there was a great hint in here that all magic would be suppressed; there would be no magic inside this large, square chamber.
Shelves made the grid of the Archives, along with several desks and sets of unattended canvas for painting. There were plans and conspiracies in here, all of them being failures. The butler gingerly leaned sideways to open the cage. The instant he did, he seemed to take a jar which faded into the chamber. He entered, only to find that the jars of souls absorbed his very essence. The door to the chamber remained open as silence took over the room. There was much to discover in the chamber as soon as the butler has vanished.

The book of the Deathsinger sat on an oak table before him, but it was not what it appeared, yet it will most likely deceive Karthus into thinking that it was his. If he would open it, the first page he would be strongly tempted to read the words, which were written clearly by a scribe:
This is a fine archive you have here. I wish I could stay longer, but I have pressing business to attend to soon.
Karthus flips open the book and skims the first several pages, then goes to page 11.
This is unfortunate... This is not my book, though it closely resembles it. It does not contain the first verse of my Requiem.
Karthus looks around the archive some more, simply to read some more books.

(( Hunger, thirst: N/A
Fear: 4/10 Karthus like the archives. ))