Feast Your Eyes on the Noxus Noms Contest Winners!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MeanFacedJohnny

06-09-2012

The only one I'll give it up to is the Sushi-Teemo. The rest are all just fondant sculptures. Fondant is just such a bs cop out. I would have given the prize to anyone who didn't use fondant and still did well. I was looking forward to seeing these awesome creations but for all the winners to be fondant sculptures... That's just disappointing. That Alien Invader Heimer was better than half of those fondant flops. And pineapple Kog and melon Kog didn't make it??? wth?

Though Trynd/Ashe marriage at Baron was cool, I can't hate on that. But BOO Riot, bad judging.

barigrl

06-09-2012

How about a gallery of all of the entries?? Doesn't have to be hi-res, resize the images, and put 1 shot up of the other contenders... All we're seeing is 30 out of hundreds of entries? And they all look very similar, what else did people do?

A Wild Magikarp

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by barigrl View Post
How about a gallery of all of the entries?? Doesn't have to be hi-res, resize the images, and put 1 shot up of the other contenders... All we're seeing is 30 out of hundreds of entries? And they all look very similar, what else did people do?
I concur. I know I saw a couple of submissions people posted here or there on their own that looked really cool, some of which weren't even finished. I'd love to see all of the finished products (within reason of course), and to be honest, I'd kind of like to know how many submissions there were, give or take.

On top of that, seeing a larger number of submissions will help inspire a lot of us and hopefully boost the quality of the submissions the next time around, assuming there's another cooking contest somewhere down the road =)

Envor

06-09-2012

I like the fiddlesticks one XD

Zeroex77

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2012

Its good to see that nothing but fondent won...and the only original or inventive submisions get the "honorable mentions" fondent takes all the creativity out of baking and tastes like poop .....shouldnt the noxus nom's anctually be ....nommy?

A Wild Magikarp

06-09-2012

How about this then... since so many people only want to focus on bashing the fondant submissions instead of complimenting them and then suggesting more non-fondant submissions be considered, the next time one of these contests rolls out, let's just have some categorical winners like in the Demacian Delicacies contest?

In said contest, they had some category breakdowns such as champions, items, and logos. I don't see why you couldn't just push for something like this instead of throwing so much hate out there. Like I've said in previous posts though, whether it's fondant or something like a potato, make your art tell a story instead of simply being a static thing. Make it an action scene, display champions/items in unexpected roles, etc.

I think future competitions (should there be any) should continue to have specific themes though rather than just being an anything goes contest. I mean this not in terms of ingredients, but something along the lines of what we had to do for this competition. For example, a future competition could ask for fight scenes, items only, only submissions of LoL employees such as Phreak, etc. This allows your submissions to tell stories and seem more lifelike which in turn allows someone who isn't a professional to still stand a chance. Finally, it forces you to honestly do the submission once the contest starts... you can't just work on one for a couple of weeks, months, etc. and have it ready to go. You may have some ideas in the pipeline, but you'll have to adjust accordingly once the parameters are set.

Littlest Cat

06-09-2012

i think ours told more story than the Singed winner.. don't get me wrong, the piece is awesome and very impressive!! but Singed is just there.. there might be story behind it but it's hard to see, i guess?

i definitely learned something from this competition and will try harder next time (and use fondant).
again, congrats to all the winners! your pieces were very well detailed and very nice to look at to a fan of LoL like me.

Siracide

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenFalcon View Post
Let me know what you guys think of my entry please so I can better my chances next time. (might just have to cheat and use modeling clay i mean fondant and sugar.
It looks like the rest of us mortals did everything wrong: we did not include fondant. So dear, if we expect to be at least in the honorable mention in the next contest we better make a cake. Or make our food represent a story, didn't you see that amazing Rammus that won last contest? Dude I felt so inspired for that rocking story in front of the laptop.

Now, if I get serious, I think your entry was perfectly creative that way.

And Judges, I suggest like many already did to include categories to make it fair and inspire more players to continue participating in the contests.

A Wild Magikarp

06-09-2012

^ Something like that we can agree on though. Maybe toss in some poisoned champs/minions. Or, even neater idea... have Singed be emo running through a park with Emumu ruining the other champs' party with nasty gas, etc. because they didn't get invited. Y'all get the idea =)

Littlest Cat

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wild Magikarp View Post
^ Something like that we can agree on though. Maybe toss in some poisoned champs/minions. Or, even neater idea... have Singed be emo running through a park with Emumu ruining the other champs' party with nasty gas, etc. because they didn't get invited. Y'all get the idea =)
agreed!

here's two out of the ten champs we made at our Baron fight xD
Skarner ulting Caitlyn!!
they were both especially yummy.. as they were made out of Jolly Ranchers melted together, connected by Sour Punch. oh, and Caitlyn with her Air Heads hat hehe :3