Good Partner For Jax? Any Better Champs Than Jax?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRatmastah View Post
Irelia. 2v5 enemy team. GG.

you're misspelling Darius, Irelia is rather bad here after the last batch of nerfs since she's way too reliant on big items, when Darius can just get a phage and faceroll.

to the Op, there's no champ "better" than Jax, except maybe Kassadin Even a Darius can pale against a Jax but that's pretty much a coin toss, either can win against the other, however if you're looking for the bruiser kind i'd suggest Wukong as people above me suggest or if you are looking for the Hybrid power Poppy might be your best bet.

- a good partner for Jax is someone that can cc so that you can chain your stun Janna/Malphite/Jarvan IV/ Wukong/XIn or someone that makes you even harder to kill Soraka/Lulu/Sona

Goronok

09-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROSEPHIROTH View Post
If you're looking for a solid partner I really wouldn't go with someone who's also physical damage - that just means that if both of you are dominating hard the enemy team can counter both of you by building armor.

Go with someone like Fizz or Diana who outputs a crapton of magic damage and have solid gap closers/survivability that they won't be disproportionately targeted compared to Jax. Jax and Diana especially are both pretty damn tanky with their base stats and will give your enemies huge headaches for deciding who to kill first.

Darius is also a worthwhile option since he does magic damage with the passive and true damage with the ult. Malphite is also one I like since the amount of utility he brings and the sheer presence he has can cover up for Jax's few weaknesses.

I really wouldn't go with someone like Wukong or Pantheon as a dedicated Jax partner.

Well, there's still the rest of the team they have to worry about, which may be AP, and assuming you both build a LW reasonably early, that's (I assume it's additive, may be wrong) 55% armor ignore with Xin, 70% armor ignore with Wukong. If everyone on the enemy team spends their gold building armor, they're going to hit relatively soft, have no defense against any AP on your team, and you're still going to kill people with that much armor ignored.

Even an armor stacked Malphite doesn't stand long against a Jax/Xin/Wukong with a LW.

Not that Fizz or Diana are bad picks for partners, but while your armor argument may stand against Pantheon, I think the armor crush provided by Xin/Wukong makes the argument against them weak.

naotasan

09-05-2012

Wukong + Lulu = free kills

Volandum

09-05-2012

Goronok: % penetration is not additive, it is multiplicative. Now you know something!

Goronok

09-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
Goronok: % penetration is not additive, it is multiplicative. Now you know something!
That's quite helpful. I'll keep it in mind. Thanks.

MyDeadGrandma

09-06-2012

I like WW for the permanent 40% IAS you're giving jax and the rest of your team, as well as his decent scaling magic damage. It's always good to have non-tenacity reduced CC (such as suppress) to go with a stun like Jax.

Panzerzs

10-27-2012

[QUOTE=Kryye;25087820]I'm pretty new to LoL.

I need a champion with good mobility, heavy burst, and strong defensive cooldowns. A slowing ability would be amazing so I don't have to buy frozen mallet. As Jax I can jump in and take somebody to half health almost instantly, if my friend could play a champion with as much damage we could just run around blowing people up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The quote "The best counter for a champion can be used against them"
-Which means in High ELO Dominion gameplay, Jax's counter is malphite
Malphite + Jax = the counter for the champion + the champion = unstoppable force

A good champion that can initiate like amumu or malphite can make jax that more dangerous. Jax lacks the Hp or sustain late game so he might be blown up at times, so you want a bodyguard to take hits for jax The moment amumu or malphite engages with their ultimates, u come in with ur E ready to stun the first opp u leap on, boom should do a huge nuke !

Talith PA

10-28-2012

If you are looking to spam an OP pair you may as well go Lulu + Jax.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

Xin zhao, let xin start the cc train to allow Jax have a bette rsurvive ability vy virtue of being abla to run the full dodge.

AbsolutePK

10-28-2012

Ashe.

Kill them all while they try to chase her.